UFC Thread

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
Discuss News,Upcoming Fights,Ultimate Fighter, Anything UFC Related

http://www.ufc.com/

I know there is a MMA Thread but UFC deserves its own thread

Last edited:
Forgot to tell you guys i Ride with Josh Koscheck After the Mad Trash Talking he put on Montreal Last Night.
Made me Laugh so hard

Not to be a buzzkill on your new thread broski but there is already an MMA thread

Anybody watching this season of Ultimate Fighter? Some damn good fights yesterday. Love the Brazilian striker.

I have a question. Why do the many ufc fighters leave their mouthpieces in after the fight? Some guys can't breathe, but leave it in. Doesn't make sense to me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Super weak fight last night. He beat him definitively, but he sat on him for 15 minutes. I hope the Brasilero knocks this guy out on the finale (Brasilero still has his semi-final, but I'm assuming he wins).

Super weak fight last night. He beat him definitively, but he sat on him for 15 minutes. I hope the Brasilero knocks this guy out on the finale (Brasilero still has his semi-final, but I'm assuming he wins).

When you can do that, why wouldn't you? It's all about the W in MMA. GSP is loved but never knocks anyone out.

When you can do that, why wouldn't you? It's all about the W in MMA. GSP is loved but never knocks anyone out.

Yeah, I don't blame the guy, I just don't want to see him do it again...for the same reasons I won't pay to see GSP fight.

If you didn't watch this season of TUF, you missed out. Dana said it was the greatest fight season ever. I agree.

He also said they've never had more talent in the finale. Should be some great fights Saturday.

He dislocated the shoulder, still brutal, Nog should have tapped Earlier

Following hospital visits, UFC futures of 'Big Nog' and Tito Ortiz uncertain | MMAjunkie.com

"Big Nog's" last stand?

Meanwhile, Rodrigo Nogueira suffered a broken arm in his dramatic co-main event with Mir after refusing to tap to a deep kimura. UFC officials tweeted a picture of Nogueira's X-ray, revealing the fractured appendage, and White said there may be additional shoulder and elbow damage. Nogueira will on Sunday fly to Los Angeles to seek surgical repair.

White also discussed a potential retirement with the 35-year-old Nogueira following his February 2010 loss to Cain Velasquez. Nogueira also made good on his reprieve, scoring a surprising knockout win over Brendan Schaub at UFC 134.

"The last time, I said after he got knocked out that 'Big Nog' should look at (retiring)," White said. "He got mad at me. He got all bummed out. Then he came out and pulled off that win with Schaub.

"'Big Nog' looked great tonight until that submission."

Indeed, he did, rocking Mir before ultimately falling victim to the nasty finishing hold. But with Nogueira now on the shelf for what looks like a significant amount of time, White said he hopes the legendary Brazilian will at least consider calling an end to a career that dates back to 1999 and includes more than 40 fights – many of them all-out wars with fellow superstars Josh Barnett, Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Bob Sapp, among others.

"You've got to look at a guy's entire career, not just how it's ending," White said. "'Big Nog' has been in wars. I was at the PRIDE fight when he fought Mirko 'Cro Cop.' 'Cro Cop' was just blasting him with kicks to the body and shots to the head. Then he ends up pulling off that submission win in the second round. He's had a career where he's been through wars.

"'Big Nog' is a nice guy, and he's a guy whom I respect. I know they get pissed off at me when I say this stuff, but again, it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm the one that makes these decisions. I'm going to have to sit down and talk to him. I don't want to see him get hurt – or anybody else."

If Nogueira is done, he would leave with an octagon record of 4-3, including a February 2008 win over Tim Sylvia to become the UFC's interim heavyweight champion, a title he would promptly lose to Mir in the pair's first meeting. His accomplishments in PRIDE would qualify Nogueira as a certain Hall of Famer if one existed for the sport. Currently, the UFC only supports a UFC Hall of Fame, and "Big Nog" would have trouble earning a spot based solely on his work in the octagon.

big_nog_broken_arm_medium.jpg

I stand corrected.....wow. I think that is now 4 broken bones claimed for Mir.

I used to watch UFC all the time. I don't watch much tv at all, so not as much UFC. However, since my kids started jiujitsu, they want to watch it as well because they recognize and can name the various sweeps, holds and moves. Now, I can anticipate some of them, as if I'm watching a more familiar sport like football or basketball.
I used to watch just for entertainment, but I've gained a different perspective that makes it interesting in another way.

Jon Jones and Rashad Evans going down on April 21st at UFC 145.

Jones will murder Rashad. At least that's what I'm hoping for anyways.

VN Store

Back