WHAT a disappointment.

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
I usually try (sometimes unsuccessfully) to be positive about a win, but I must say that this game will go down as one of the biggest disappointments in my tenure as a Vol fan. Duke STINKS!!! They have won TWO games all year! Our failure to blow them away early proves that WE stink too. BIG DEAL that Florida beat Georgia, it won't make one bit of difference when Kentucky or (God forbid) Mississippi beats us. I'm not even counting Vandy as a sure win this season. Vandy is WAYYYYY better than Duke!! I am so MAD at the Vols that orange smoke is coming out my ears!! I can just hear the media's "spin" on this now;

Vols "survive" Duke scare.

Vols need 3rd quarter fumble to beat Duke

I AM SICK OF THIS!!!!! WE ARE TENNESSEE!!!!

The Miami game is going to be embarrassing. I am cringing already. This team is just a mediocre bunch of football player wannabe's and the coaching staff is even WORSE!! GOOD GOD!! We should have beaten Duke by 30 points or more. How long is it till Lady Vol basketball?

I agree with you for the most part, but at least we won. I feel a lot better being mad about a win than a loss. You are right though, the Miami game is going to be ugly.

I really don't know what our problem is but I think there are many. Our defense was not very physical. The Duke players were falling forward for 3 yards after the hit. It's not very fun to watch.

I couldn't agree more. The coaches really blew a golden opportunity to test some new stuff out and build player and fan confidence before Miami. Miami is going to absolutely crush us!!! There is absolutely no excuse for the poor play we saw tonight...none!!! Maybe we do need some changes around here. I can already hear Fulmer next Sunday morning: "Well, gosh darnit...we gotta tackle better than that....oh, Casey, should've hung on to that one....Miami's a really fine team, Bob, they really came to play last night and it showed." Then after the Osmose commercial: "I'm really proud of our kids, Bob, they played their hearts out last night, but Miami was just too much...we thought we could establish the run first and then maybe get a chance to do some stuff in the second half..." Then after the Men of Measure commercial: "Gerald's a really fine young man, Bob, we're really proud of him...his mom's a really swell lady and she's done a fine job raising him...we're really looking forward to him getting the ball more."

I'm making myself sick!!!

Coach Fulmer, er......I mean KnoxKDX that definitely sounds familiar. I couldn't stomach to listen to his comments today but I am sure it was much of the same. For once I would like to see some fire out of him. I would like to hear him say that this is just not acceptable and that we are going to fix the problem. If it is player problems then he should bench who he needs to and get someone else in there. Instead of sugar coating everything he needs to make a statement that this type of play will not be tolerated. Maybe the players....or maybe the staff should be out running laps until they puke like Pat Summit used to make her players do after a poor performance. I don't think anyone on this team or this staff fears for their job and that is not healthy.

23-6? That's it???

Needless to say, this is :bs:. Better yet, this is NOT Tennessee football!!! It may count in the standings as a win, but I consider it a moral loss. :banghead:

Tennessee is as good as dead next Saturday. First of all, they looked like :censored: last night. Second, Miami will still be licking their wounds after getting stomped by Virginia Tech.

As far as a three-way tie for first place in the SEC East (thanks, Florida!), I don't think that will help UT at all. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the AD's vote for UT (if it comes to that point). :bad:

Nevertheless, I will watch the game and pray that Miami won't embarass us too badly. If....IF....by some act of Divine intervention UT pulls the upset, I'll strip naked and dance in the street. :shakeit:

My official prediction: Miami :spank: UT 42-7. And UT won't score until the fourth quarter.

Lets hope the score is not that lopsided Sabster, but it very well could be. On the other hand >>vol_freak puts on orange colored glasses<< Miami has not played all that well this year with the exception of the FSU game. They looked terrible in the 1st half of the Florida game, they nearly lost to WVA and the did lose to VT. However, is bad as UT has played this year I am not sure we have it in us. A solid football team could go to Miami and have a chance to win this year. And don&#39;t forget I think Miami got a couple of players suspended after the fight last night.

:cross: :dunno:

Whoa, I forgot how unsatisfied people were even then. Shocking win against Miami that year.

Dang, I was reading this and thinking WTF is she talking about????LOL Just figured out this was from a while back.

I was at that game. One of the most miserable days I can remember in that stadium. I didn't think we had a prayer in the Orange Bowl the following Saturday, but Tinsley's touchdown and Colquitt's corkscrew punting helped us pull off a huge win.

That team could have finished in the top 5, and could have reached 11 wins if they'd have beaten Clemson in the Peach Bowl. The 2000s have been frustrating.

ITS ALIVE
mad_scientist.gif

it won't make one bit of difference when Kentucky or (God forbid) Mississippi beats us. I'm not even counting Vandy as a sure win this season. Vandy is WAYYYYY better than Duke!!

The Miami game is going to be embarrassing. I am cringing already.

this is why you don't post angry LIO :)

I was at that game. One of the most miserable days I can remember in that stadium. I didn't think we had a prayer in the Orange Bowl the following Saturday, but Tinsley's touchdown and Colquitt's corkscrew punting helped us pull off a huge win.

That team could have finished in the top 5, and could have reached 11 wins if they'd have beaten Clemson in the Peach Bowl. The 2000s have been frustrating.

Hmm..

Must have missed the Wyoming game.

Still cant believe that Sean Taylor fumbled that punt. RIP

the Peach Bowl nightmares of the early 2000's were horrible!!

Hmm..

Must have missed the Wyoming game.

Still cant believe that Sean Taylor fumbled that punt. RIP

the Peach Bowl nightmares of the early 2000's were horrible!!

The Wyoming game was in Nashville though. It was hot as crap. The Duke game was a total snooze fest.

VN Store

Back