uhmm

Titans4Vols

I'm not the biggest basketball guy, but shouldn't we beat a team like Indi by more then what.. 10? Sounds kinda bad..

We are a very young team missing some key players and we don't have a proven PG. It is way too early to tell what this team will/can do. I think we had 4 players in double figures. We knew coming into this season that our FG% would be down. I am not too worried about an early exhibition game.

I'm not worried. It was our first game. We are young and we have to improve, but you can see greatness in this team.

Purdue only beat them 89-64 last season if that means anything.. i wouldnt worry too much about it... the only thing i would worry about is the team coming together before the old spice classic, we may get a wake-up call down there..

Purdue only beat them 89-64 last season if that means anything.. i wouldnt worry too much about it... the only thing i would worry about is the team coming together before the old spice classic, we may get a wake-up call down there..
You still think we will average 85 points a game?

I'm very concerned about the Old Spice right now, overall though, if we can get healthy and get everyone back we'll be a threat to make the Elite 8.

I'm very concerned about the Old Spice right now, overall though, if we can get healthy and get everyone back we'll be a threat to make the Elite 8.

siena scares me more and more...but we need to take it one game at a time and get healthy.

We have to remember this team is very young, but has a good mix of veterans to go along. They just have to have some time to play together and they will be okay. Hopson seemed a bit lost, as talented as he is. They will mesh soon and things will be looking good!

This team is worse than last year's and the year before. The Sweet 16 is going to be a successful year for us.

This team is worse than last year's and the year before. The Sweet 16 is going to be a successful year for us.

This team is worse but than last years but wouldn't say the year befores. But this time has the higher ceiling than both of those two teams (drops quite a bit if Tatum can't get healthy and West isn't cleared).

I think the upside to this team is much higher. I think we will lose more regular season games, but possibly are equipped to make a deeper run in the tourney, as long as we stay healthy.

I think the upside to this team is much higher. I think we will lose more regular season games, but possibly are equipped to make a deeper run in the tourney, as long as we stay healthy.

makes sense...we aren't going to be able to run the SEC like last year. Plus we have the hardest schedule in the NCAA. We will split with more teams this year i.e florida, uk, and lose some to the west.

We can do a lot of growing up between now and the start of the SEC play. Chalk the Legends tourney as a learning experience. We probably won't fair too well, but the young Vols should learn a lot by playing a great team.

The team we played last night started 4 Seniors and 1 Junior. I think last year's team would have beaten them by 40.

Basketball is different from football in the fact that a far inferior team can beat a better team. Certainly this is true only to a certain extent, but any team can get super hot or cold. If you have the wrong mix then stuff happens like Michigan State loosing to Grand Valley State. We will be fine once we learn to play well together.

The other thing too is that more time playing together will produce greater results, and I am sure in the exhibition games Bruce is playing around with subs and positions to try and get a feel for where they all fit. I don't know that we will repeat last year's success, but you have to assume we'll be better at the end of the season than at the beginning once everyone has settled into their roles.

As you know by now if you are a Bruce Pearl fan, he really likes to find players that are in sync with each other. They seem to play better together. I don't think there has been enough time for the chemistry to melt together. In time this will be a dynamic bunch.

I think this will be the best TN team that Bruce has had. Maze is much better than R. Smith and Howell. Point guard is so critical. Hopson is just a awsome talent. Then there is Tatum and Woolridge. I think Prince has defiently improved and big Brian looks like he is in much better shape. We averaged just over 81 points last year and we beat UTC last year by 6 (76-70). I realize 85 points is a lot but I think we can do it.

I think this will be the best TN team that Bruce has had. Maze is much better than R. Smith and Howell. Point guard is so critical. Hopson is just a awsome talent. Then there is Tatum and Woolridge. I think Prince has defiently improved and big Brian looks like he is in much better shape. We averaged just over 81 points last year and we beat UTC last year by 6 (76-70). I realize 85 points is a lot but I think we can do it.

It's a lot less than 114 I'll tell you that much :)

VN Store

Back