Queens Of The Stone Age

I have no idea. Just about the only words I can understand are little sister. :pepper:

It's been 4 years...I want some new QOTSA. Didn't wanna clog up the Zone so I posted in this.

Personally I think he's a douche, but he's a helluva drummer and I like some of Foo's earlier stuff.

They suck. I will stick to my Metallica.

Question, do you listen to the Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice For All, Master of Puppets era?

Or do you like everything after the Black Album?

Cause everything after the black album is p@ssy sh!t. They turned ghey.

Honestly, the Black Album is probably my favorite Metallica album and I also listen to their earlier stuff. I don't know why so many people bash that album. Now I agree that everything after that album is total siht. Crazy how different their sound became after those first couple of albums.

Also, anybody heard the Josh Homme Desert Sessions? Great, great series, and where most of the QOTSA songs originate.

Honestly, the Black Album is probably my favorite Metallica album and I also listen to their earlier stuff. I don't know why so many people bash that album. Now I agree that everything after that album is total siht. Crazy how different their sound became after those first couple of albums.

Because to me it's like they totally tried to change their sound. They played a slow song, aka Unforgiven, WTF? Metallica up to that point was a thrash metal band. They didn't play slow songs. I enjoyed the original thrash metal band.

Now all of the sudden they are playing a more "mainstream" sound to please the masses?. Almost like some record exec told them to try something different. The original Metallic wouldn't have given a f#$K about that. They were in your face and flipping you off. They were anti-hair metal bands which were the "predominant" metal bands of the 80's. If they had wanted to be mainstream they could've been a hair metal band. With the black album, that all changed. That's not to say there isn't some good material on that album but it starts the demise of Metallica for me. All the albums after that are terrible, especially St. Anger. God that album is awful.

That being said I have heard that Death Magnetic is pretty good but have not listened to it.

In the end, its' just one man's opinion, but when I hear Hetfield sing Unforgiven it makes me want to vomit.

VN Store

Back