Re: Best bars in Knoxville. . .??

B-17 Pilot

VOL in Maryland
. . .am driving down for the Wyoming game this fall from Maryland. What bars do you recommend we hit? :drool:

Well if you are older I would recommend The Palace (formerly Michaels). Excellent food, and a classier atmosphere. I have been there many times (even though I'm younger) and there are never any fights or anything like that. It has been a shady place in the past with bartenders serving patrons until they are too intoxicated and a history of backroom cocaine use, but if you do not partake in such things I would definately recommend it. They may have cleaned up a little since they got in some trouble.

If you are younger then the Old City offers alot of bars within walking distance of one another. Tonic is OK, and Hanna's plays alot of rock and 80's music downstairs. Just watch out for the Bums, they are always out in force on Friday and Saturday nights following you around wanting money.

For a good rock/Metal concert (don't know how old you are) there are quite a few good shows at the Valerium(sp) if you happen to be in town at the right time. Lots of popular new rock bands play there. Basically Blue Cats just moved a couple of miles across town and re-named the place.

Head to Urban Bar in the Old City and say hi to my best friend Caleb. And tip him well.

If you are a recent college grad age, 22-30 I would recommend Cool Beans off the strip or Roosters off northshore...both are good bars with good priced drinks.

downtown grille and brewery on gay street, urban bar or patrick sullivans in the old city, union jack's out west on northshore. Those are some of my favorites.

Don't go to Rooster's. You can find whatever you need in the Old City, Market Square, and on the Strip.

Is the Last Lap still going strong?...Used to be the place to go to get drunk and pick up some good ole trashy college girls LOL :)

Don't go to Rooster's. You can find whatever you need in the Old City, Market Square, and on the Strip.

unless it's Sunday night. then Rooster's is tolerable.

there used to be a place across the street, The Dog House. now that was a bar. loved that place.

Personally, the Copper Celler....on the strip! Been there "forever"..great atmosphere on game day but, get there early!.....Just for food...take a ride out Chapman hwy...maybe 5 mi. Bayou Bay on the right. Owned by a real Cajan that is a "rabid" Vols fan. His family ships him fresh shrimp, oysters etc. twice a week!!!

i consider Bayou Bay to be more of a restaurant than a bar myself, but without question well worth the trip out there.

Bayou is fine for a meal. But for a Friday night out on a game weekend, stay in the downtown area IMO

I like to go to the half barrel on the strip before games. It is a little less crowded and they will have other games on that you can watch, and plenty of choices for beer on tap. I used to go to Charlie Peppers before games, but it is closed now. If you are visiting Knoxville you also need to go to Market Square downtown, lots of resturants and bars, and for nightlife go to the old city (a few blocks away from market square). Barley's in the old city is my favorite bar in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back