Best Concerts You've Attended

615 Vol

I know we have discussed bands we would like to see but what about bands you have seen?

1. Incubus - Sommet Center
2. Smashing Pumpkins - Grand Ole Opry House (Acoustic Set)
3. Lenny Kravitz and Black Crowes - Starwood
4. Dave Matthews Band - Starwood
5. Foo Fighters - Municipal Auditorium
6. 311 - 328 Performance Hall
7. Metallica and Jerry Cantrell - Starwood
8. Pearl Jam - Starwood
9. Skynyrd - Starwood 3 or 4 times
10. Tom Petty - Starwood

I miss Starwood, too bad they had to go and tear it down. I bet they are putting a Wal-Mart there. :no:

Nashville needs a good outdoor venue besides LP Field, besides they only let country acts play there or probably Hanna Montana. :banghead2:

Coldplay
Duran Duran
Psycadelic furs x2
Fionna Apple x2
Echo and the Bunnymen
Morrisey
Heart
Tori Amos
Brad Paisley

Kiss Farewell tour in Nashville..I was like..5th grade but it was awesome. only other one i've been to was Puddle Of Mudd, Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace in Knoxville

In no particular order....

Roger Waters (3 times)
311 (probably 10 times)
George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars
Sublime
Journey (a few times)
Def Leppard
Dave Matthews (back in the mid 90's, went progessively downhill every year after)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Peter Frampton
Steve Miller Band
Widespread Panic (a few times also, from what I remember :whistling:)
Moe
Zac Brown Band
Radiohead
Tom Petty
Staind/Linkin Park/STP all together on my birthday one year
Poison

These are just my favorite live acts I can remember off the top of my head in order for the most part...some are hard to rank.

1. Elton John and Billy Joel (First concert ever)
2. Mute Math (3 times including when they were the first of two openers for David Crowder Band)
3. Dave Matthews Band (4 times)
4. John Butler Trio
5. John Mayer (2 times)
6. Robert Randolph and the Family Band (4 times)
7. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
8. Nickel Creek
9. Dave Barnes (5 times)
10. John Legend
11. Dirty Dozen Brass Band
12. George Clinton and P-Funk
13. Jason Mraz
14. Incubus
15. Jon McLaughlin (2 times)
16. Perpetual Groove
17. Guster
18. Counting Crows
19. Soulive
20. Jack Johnson
21. Keller Williams
22. The Temptations

Hands down, it has to be Woodstock '99 for me. And many of the Ozzfests I have attended are right up there.

Tool at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. in 93 or 94. They played for less than an hour; they destroyed us. I walked out of there feeling like I'd been assaulted. I saw them again at a much larger venue several years later, and it while I guess it was a good show, it was a huge anticlimax. But I guess once the venue gets above a certain size, you might as well be at home watching the show on TV.

kev20 said:
Hands down, it has to be Woodstock '99 for me. And many of the Ozzfests I have attended are right up there.

i didn't go to woodstock '99. but gatheriing from what i've seen and heard a good size of the audience was full of people that had nothing better to do than light stuff on fire and act like uncivilized idiots. that's probably the most out of control i've seen a group of people get as far as concerts go. that being said, i hope you weren't one of those jackasses.

i didn't go to woodstock '99. but gatheriing from what i've seen and heard a good size of the audience was full of people that had nothing better to do than light stuff on fire and act like uncivilized idiots. that's probably the most out of control i've seen a group of people get as far as concerts go. that being said, i hope you weren't one of those jackasses.

That's what Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit will give you.

Tool at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. in 93 or 94. They played for less than an hour; they destroyed us. I walked out of there feeling like I'd been assaulted. I saw them again at a much larger venue several years later, and it while I guess it was a good show, it was a huge anticlimax. But I guess once the venue gets above a certain size, you might as well be at home watching the show on TV.

One of the maxims I live by is that by and large, the smaller the venue, the better.

Lived in DC in '98 during the "Free Tibet" concert at RFK. Rumor was that some of the bands were going to play at 9:30 club for a surprise concert. We went, we waited. And we saw the Chili Peppers take the stage. Like your Tool show, I was exhausted after an hour or so, and I wasn't even on the floor in the mosh pit.

Random - Dave Grohl stood behind me for most of the concert, and I didn't know who he was at the time.

Of course not. Those jerks ruined the whole image of that festival. There were a few minor incidents in the days leading up to the finale, but nothing like the last night. My group left early in the afternoon on the last day. We saw who we wanted to see, plus we had a 10 hour drive and had to work the next day. The music was great but the conditions were less than desireable. It was ridiculously hot, with no real shade and the event coordinators and vendors didn't have a very good plan to deal with the demand. 20oz waters and soft drinks were going for like $4-5. Kinda like going to the theater or a ball game with those prices, but over the course of 4 days.

WSP at bonnaroo night 2 in 05
WSP at the TN Theater
Allman Brothers at Civic Auditorium
Gov't. Mule at bonnaroo in 07
Dave Matthews in Columbus in 04
O.A.R. at the Orange Peel in 04
Incubus at Music Midtown in 02

just few that stick out.

Was fortunate enough to see Maynard and the boys at Ozzfest. Pretty stellar show of course.

Of course not. Those jerks ruined the whole image of that festival. There were a few minor incidents in the days leading up to the finale, but nothing like the last night. My group left early in the afternoon on the last day. We saw who we wanted to see, plus we had a 10 hour drive and had to work the next day. The music was great but the conditions were less than desireable. It was ridiculously hot, with no real shade and the event coordinators and vendors didn't have a very good plan to deal with the demand. 20oz waters and soft drinks were going for like $4-5. Kinda like going to the theater or a ball game with those prices, but over the course of 4 days.

thats crazy. i couldn't have imagined being there the last night of that festival. i just remember channel surfing one night and flipping over to mtv and seeing kurt loder talk about how scared out of his mind he was when he was there.

Yea, we got there on a Thursday night and caught an impromptu rave-style show put on by George Clinton. That was neat.

WSP at bonnaroo night 2 in 05
WSP at the TN Theater
Allman Brothers at Civic Auditorium
Gov't. Mule at bonnaroo in 07
Dave Matthews in Columbus in 04
O.A.R. at the Orange Peel in 04
Incubus at Music Midtown in 02

just few that stick out.

I have yet to go to Bonnaroo, how was your experience?

I have yet to go to Bonnaroo, how was your experience?

i highly recommend it. i've never even seen the chance that something like Woodstock would happen at bonnaroo. very well run festival.

living in Nashville, you really have no excuse.

i highly recommend it. i've never even seen the chance that something like Woodstock would happen at bonnaroo. very well run festival.

living in Nashville, you really have no excuse.

No Doubt. Well, I do have one excuse, I am married. :cray:

Eagles at Walnut Creek, Raleigh..Hell freezes over tour
Saw that show at old Tiger's Stadium in Detroit. Too big of a place, but, surprisingly, they sounded awesome. Like they were playing an original recording.

VN Store

Back