Garageband

RockyTop572

Speaker of truth.
I have a friend with a mac and he uses garageband to make and record music and I've tried to download a couple things that sounded similar and none of them are remotely as easy to use or well made. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Or if anyone knows of a good video editing software please let me know, but my primary concern is for a garageband-like software.

That helps...

If I hadn't just gotten my new Dell laptop a couple years ago I would. My next laptop when I graduate will definitely be a Mac.

There's not a loop editor nearly as powerful as Garageband for Windows... for free, that is.

you can try Audacity. I don't think it will do any loops or not. It does do music editing though.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

There's not a loop editor nearly as powerful as Garageband for Windows... for free, that is.

you can try Audacity. I don't think it will do any loops or not. It does do music editing though.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Oh I don't care if it's free...I'll just download it through uhh other methods...

But I'll see what I can do with that other thing you suggested sometime tomorrow. Thanks!

Oh I don't care if it's free...I'll just download it through uhh other methods...

But I'll see what I can do with that other thing you suggested sometime tomorrow. Thanks!

Oh.

Then 'buy' Adobe Audition.

or

any of the Cakewalk software

or

Avid's Pro Tools

Note: Those three products go WAY beyond, and I mean WAY beyond what Garageband does.

Oh.

Then 'buy' Adobe Audition.

or

any of the Cakewalk software

or

Avid's Pro Tools

Note: Those three products go WAY beyond, and I mean WAY beyond what Garageband does.

Ok I will look into "buying" those. And I'm not trying to go way beyond Garageband. I'd like to find something with a keyboard function with different instruments like Garageband where I can create songs. The loops were fun to play with at first on my friends computer when we had no idea what were doing but he is a legitimate musician and I've learned how to do more complex stuff on his garageband like the "musical typing" function...which is specifically what I'd like to do if you're familiar with that.

That may or may not make any sense but either way I'll check out your suggestions and thanks!

Ok I will look into "buying" those. And I'm not trying to go way beyond Garageband. I'd like to find something with a keyboard function with different instruments like Garageband where I can create songs. The loops were fun to play with at first on my friends computer when we had no idea what were doing but he is a legitimate musician and I've learned how to do more complex stuff on his garageband like the "musical typing" function...which is specifically what I'd like to do if you're familiar with that.

That may or may not make any sense but either way I'll check out your suggestions and thanks!

I'd suggest just buying a cheap MIDI/USB keyboard and use Audacity with it (I think Audacity works with MIDI stuff).

Pro Tools is very easy to understand. At least it was for me. I'm a big fan. But i primarily used it to record live music or audio and edit from there. Never really added anything to them. I did use previous soundbites/clips/music for radio station commercials though. Never used Adobe's audio editing software, but I love Adobe Premiere for video editing.

Pro Tools is very easy to understand. At least it was for me. I'm a big fan. But i primarily used it to record live music or audio and edit from there. Never really added anything to them. I did use previous soundbites/clips/music for radio station commercials though. Never used Adobe's audio editing software, but I love Adobe Premiere for video editing.

Pro Tools kicks Adobe Auditions arse. Just like Avid's video editing (and Final Cut Pro too) kicks Premiere's arse. But it is definitely usable for him.

Pro Tools kicks Adobe Auditions arse. Just like Avid's video editing (and Final Cut Pro too) kicks Premiere's arse. But it is definitely usable for him.

I'll agree with Pro Tools, but disagree with Final Cut Pro and Xpress. I know most companies agree with you though, including the tv station I worked for. I guess it comes down to the fact I was initially taught on Premiere (and After Effects) and I just think the buttons and set up flow smoother.

I'll agree with Pro Tools, but disagree with Final Cut Pro and Xpress. I know most companies agree with you though, including the tv station I worked for. I guess it comes down to the fact I was initially taught on Premiere (and After Effects) and I just think the buttons and set up flow smoother.

I love Final Cut. But it is what I was taught to edit on.

VN Store

Back