Just back from the Dean Dome

TennNC

a lover, not a fighter
6 thoughts:

1. In the second half, Ty Lawson looked about 95%, and when he's healthy and knocking down jumpers, that team is probably the best offensive team in the country.

2. Danny Green is one Tarheel I could see fitting in very well on Tennessee's team. Is there a better 6th man in the country? I doubt there's a better pregame dancer.

3. It was senior night, and both Quentin Thomas and Surrey "With the Fringe on Top" Wood mentioned how they have a lot of work to do before San Antonio, but interestingly neither mentioned the game against that other blue team up the road this Saturday night.

4. Jason Rich earned every one of his 27 points tonight with a variety of 3s, drives to the hole, and tough jumpers in the paint. I'm surprised he's averaging less than 14 points - looked like he could play at the next level to me.

5. FSU kept it close in the first half by employing a similar strategy to what UK did to us on Saturday, working the clock down and forcing UNC to play defense for 30 seconds. The difference is that they didn't stick with it long enough, missed too many quick 3s, and UNC shot 56% or so for the game to keep the margin at 7 or more throughout the second half.

6. I know it's very premature, but I can't help thinking how exciting it would be to watch a UT-UNC matchup. Both teams are pretty deep, athletic, like to run, and can have defensive lapses. UT is probably slightly better from 3, and UNC is much better at the FT line. UT doesn't have a horse like Tyler H., but UNC doesn't have a versatile threat like Tyler S.

Man you went to that game? I feel sorry for you! :p

In all serious, I agree with your number 6. I would love to see that matchup, to see UNC go down to us considering they beat up on us last time, but to take them down in the tourney would be a wonderful payback! I think Tenn would stand a good chance to beat them as long as their shots are hitting because of unc's horrible defense.

I can't figure out UNC's defense - they can play really tough when they want to - I think their biggest weakness there is getting beat off the dribble just enough to let opponents' guards kick it out for a 3.

VN Store

Back