Duke-NC St

volfanbill

pack light and love heavy…
NC St up 47-44 at the half. Great shooting by NC St in the first half, duke a little suppar, listening to the announcers you would think they were 4-29 though.

NC St was up nine or so with about 5 to go in the half, but Duke has picked up it's defense and gotten it closer.

Since Zoubek has came back from injury is seems like Duke is trying to establish a whole new offense instead of the one that was working perfectly fine the first half of the year.

if NC St wants to win this thing they better put Duke away now. They are only hurting themselves by letting Duke stay in it.

That being said... GO DUKE!

If Duke loses to the Wolfpack, Memphis loses to So. Miss, and UNC loses to BC, then we just might stay number 1...:yes:

I don't think anyone has more dumb fouls on the year than Singler in all of collegiate basketball, all the way down to the NAIA

what a comeback, what a win. Duke takes the lead with just over a minute to go and holds on for the victory.

Congratulation Coach K on #800

Awful coaching move by NC state at the end. You have to foul Duke to give yourselves a chance. It would have still been a 1 possesion game.

Awful coaching move by NC state at the end. You have to foul Duke to give yourselves a chance. It would have still been a 1 possesion game.

not with the ball in scheyer, nelson or paulus' hands. They wouldn't have missed.

And Duke thoroughly unimpressed me today. I would love to see Duke as the 2 seed in our bracket.

not with the ball in scheyer, nelson or paulus' hands. They wouldn't have missed.

But like I said, you have to give yourself a chance with atleast 10-15 secs on the clock. Even if they did hit both, NC St. would of only been down 3 with a chance to tie.

I'm very disturbed by what I saw today. Duke's defense has went from average, to bad, to worse, to unwatchable

But like I said, you have to give yourself a chance with atleast 10-15 secs on the clock. Even if they did hit both, NC St. would of only been down 3 with a chance to tie.

possibly, but I would've played tighter D even that far out. I still maintain Paulus isn't a good ballhandler and Scheyer isn't incredibly better. Try to force a turnover and don't let Nelson get the ball, don't try to foul.

Paulus and Scheyer both can handle the ball. Paulus is the best ball handler on the team, not the best decision maker, but the best ball handler....And Nelson is by no means a good FT shooter.

I'm very disturbed by what I saw today. Duke's defense has went from average, to bad, to worse, to unwatchable

Singler is currently playing like a freshman. That could be understandable, but he didn't play that way at the beginning of the season or even in early ACC play. Zoubek just doesn't really add much on either side of the court except 5 possible fouls and rest for others.

Paulus and Scheyer both can handle the ball. Paulus is the best ball handler on the team, not the best decision maker, but the best ball handler....And Nelson is by no means a good FT shooter.

Smith, Henderson and Nelson are all better ballhandlers when tightly guarded. Nelson isn't a great FT shooter, but he makes them when it counts. For example, he was 8/9 on the day.

What are you smoking? :crazy: Being a good ball handler also means you have to be a good decision maker, and he constantly makes poor decisions.

I am shocked at the outcome of this game. Duke should have not had trouble with this game, but neither should have UNC with BC. These games happen from time to time in the ACC, Duke needs to get their act together on the road. One good thing about this week is that UNC will be at Duke.

VN Store

Back