Looking At The Relative Weakness Of The SEC This Season...

hatvol96

why in the world are people acting like Arkansas is a lock to make the Tournament? Look at their resume. It's no better than any of about 40 other bubble teams.

i'm still not sure why KY is getting mention. if the conf. is so weak, why get the reward for being 2nd place in the East?

i think MSU, Ole Miss and Ark losing some games they probably shouldn't have, really hurt the conf overall. there was a time where i thought you might see the SEC at 5-6 deep.

TN and Vandy are, i guess the class of the league. then it's a jumble between FL, Ark, MSU, Ole Miss and KY. i don't think there's a discernible difference between any of them.

i'm still not sure why KY is getting mention. if the conf. is so weak, why get the reward for being 2nd place in the East?

i think MSU, Ole Miss and Ark losing some games they probably shouldn't have, really hurt the conf overall. there was a time where i thought you might see the SEC at 5-6 deep.

TN and Vandy are, i guess the class of the league. then it's a jumble between FL, Ark, MSU, Ole Miss and KY. i don't think there's a discernible difference between any of them.
Ole Miss is 4-9 in the SEC. Kentucky is 10-3. I'd call that a discernable difference.

What the hell happened to Kennedy's crew?
4 combined losses to Auburn, South Carolina, and LSU will wreck a season quickly. They tailed off defensively in each of those games. Win 3 of those and they're in position to make the NCAA Tournament.

wow, UK missed the front end of a 1-1, up 2, Ole Miss had a chance for a layup, missed it, got the board, and missed a 3 with 7.2 seconds left. Kentucky hangs on for the win.

Ole Miss is 4-9 in the SEC. Kentucky is 10-3. I'd call that a discernable difference.
ok, maybe i went a TAD overboard, but the point is, Ole Miss started off on fire, KY was awful. now Ole Miss has gone awful and KY is all the sudden supposed to be feared.

i guess, a better word, none of htem have been consistent......yeah, that's what i meant.:eek:lol:

wow, UK missed the front end of a 1-1, up 2, Ole Miss had a chance for a layup, missed it, got the board, and missed a 3 with 7.2 seconds left. Kentucky hangs on for the win.
That's crazy. I saw the first half and UK was totally dominating the game. Ole Miss must've had one helluva come back.

The only decent team they beat in that 13-0 run was Clemson. I'm not saying he's a bad coach... just not as good as everyone was lead to beliece.
Have you seen New Mexico's record and resume? They have every bit as much business in the NCAA field as Arkansas.

Have you seen New Mexico's record and resume? They have every bit as much business in the NCAA field as Arkansas.

I forgot about New Mexico. And I didn't say Arkansas deserved in. Thanks for putting the words in my mouth (post) though.

Bottom line is Ole Miss schedule was incredibly easy to start the season outside of NM, USA and Clemson.

I forgot about New Mexico. And I didn't say Arkansas deserved in. Thanks for putting the words in my mouth (post) though.

Bottom line is Ole Miss schedule was incredibly easy to start the season outside of NM and Clemson.
You do realize we're talking about Ole Miss basketball, right? 13-0 is incredible, I don't care if the schedule was loaded with The Sisters of the Poor teams.

Hat, what do you think the chances of C-USA getting three (Memphis, UAB, Houston) in?
Depends on what UAB does at UTEP tonight. If Houston and UAB win in from here, with the exception of the Blazers losing to Memphis, and face each other in the league semis, I think they both get into the field.

I believe the bracketology has them both in, not too farfetchd. Those two teams can play and have RPI's comparable to and in some cases better than UK, Florida, Ole Miss, Bama, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia. That's better than half of the SEC.

VN Store

Back