My Current Field of 65

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
I'll update this every week, or more, if needed. Conference leaders in italics.

1: Tennessee, North Carolina, Memphis, Kansas
2: Duke, UCLA, Texas, Georgetown
3: Wisconsin, Xavier, Stanford, Louisville
4: Drake, Indiana, Marquette, Michigan State
5: Washington St, Notre Dame, Connecticut, Butler
6: St. Mary's, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Purdue
7: Gonzaga, Arizona, Kansas St, BYU
8: Pittsburgh, West Virginia, New Mexico, Texas A&M
9: S. Alabama, Miami, Arkansas, Mississippi St
10: Kent St, Baylor, USC, Oklahoma
11: UNLV, Davidson, Florida, Va Commonwealth
12: Ohio St, Syracuse, Villanova, Illinois St
13: St. Joseph's, Oral Roberts, Creighton, Cornell
14: Robert Morris, UMBC, Boise St, CS-Northridge
15: Belmont, Siena, Lamar, Winthrop
16: Portland St, American, Morgan St, Austin Peay, Alabama St

Stephen F. Austin will probably end up winning the Southland Conference over Lamar, but right now they aren't in 1st. SFA is one of the better mid major possible winners.

Kentucky, if they finish 3-1, will have the weirdest resume of all. They have an OOC RPI of 202nd, but could end up 12-4 in the SEC.

WKU, Houston, UMass, URI, and Arizona State were the first 5 out.

VCU will get beat in the CAA tourney and I don't think Belmont wins the A-Sun tourney. If they do, I think they deserve a 13 seed.

VCU will get beat in the CAA tourney and I don't think Belmont wins the A-Sun tourney. If they do, I think they deserve a 13 seed.

George Mason is the only team with a chance to beat VCU.

Belmont in no effing way deserves a 13 seed.

ODU and UNC-W can bring down VCU as well. It's amazing how under represented VCU is at the CAA tournament even though it's held in Richmond.

as for belmont, they are much than the computers give them credit for. Perhaps you're right though, they may not get the credit they deserve come seeding time. Either way Gardner Webb or Jacksonville will wind up winning and it's a one team conference.

How can you be so confident that Belmont doesn't win the ASun tournament? You mention GW and Jax, but no mention of ETSU, who is ahead of GW in the standings?

Keep in mind Belmont beat GW on the road already and beat Jacksonville. In fact, Belmont has won 7 in a row, so I don't understand why you doubt them. They are clearly the best team in the conference, even with 2 ugly losses in conference.

How can you be so confident that Belmont doesn't win the ASun tournament? You mention GW and Jax, but no mention of ETSU, who is ahead of GW in the standings?

Keep in mind Belmont beat GW on the road already and beat Jacksonville. In fact, Belmont has won 7 in a row, so I don't understand why you doubt them. They are clearly the best team in the conference, even with 2 ugly losses in conference.

because ETSU's wheels are falling off quickly as evident by the fact that GW beat ETSU by 26 last week. They have the talent, but I can't imagine ETSU pulls it off. Belmont is too inconsistent. Their last game of the season against GW will be a good gauge of who will win the ASun.

Michigan State and Wisconsin a higher seed than Purdue? I'd also be very surprised if the MVC gets three in this year...Creighton will have to win the conference tourny to get in at this point.

How's the shake-up after last night's game looking? Vandy move up, obviously, but do we still get a #1?

because ETSU's wheels are falling off quickly as evident by the fact that GW beat ETSU by 26 last week. They have the talent, but I can't imagine ETSU pulls it off. Belmont is too inconsistent. Their last game of the season against GW will be a good gauge of who will win the ASun.

How can you say Belmont (12-2) in the ASun is inconsistent, but GW (9-5) isn't? Belmont already went on the road at beat GW.

Through Wednesday's games, Creighton has moved out for sure with their loss.

Villanova is probably out for now, after their beating at home in a chance to make their case.

If Ohio State ends the regular season 2-1 somehow, and then makes a quality showing in the B10 tournament, they're in.

I'd probably drop OU and add Nebraska, but we'll see come Sunday night.

Illinois State is probably a lock now, as they'll lose to SIU and finish 21-9 and 12-6 in the MVC.

Barring a collapse, UNLV is in. Miami should finish 8-8 or 9-7 in the ACC and they'll be in.

Yeah, there will be movement up top, I'm just not sure of where teams will go. I don't have a good handle on that, yet.

Updated through March 2nd games

1: Memphis, North Carolina, UCLA, Kansas
2: Tennessee, Duke, Wisconsin, Texas
3: Georgetown, Xavier, Louisville, Stanford
4: Michigan St, Butler, Indiana, Drake
5: Connecticut, Marquette, Washington St, Clemson
6: Notre Dame, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Gonzaga
7: BYU, St. Mary's, Pittsburgh, UNLV
8: S. Alabama, Baylor, Texas A&M, Miss State
9: Kansas St, W. Virginia, Davidson, Arizona
10: USC, Miami, New Mexico, Oklahoma
11: Arkansas, Illinois St, VCU, UAB
12: Kent St, Florida, Cornell, Arizona St
13: Ohio St, Houston, Massachusetts, Oral Roberts
14: Robert Morris, Boise St, CS-Northridge, UMBC
15: Portland St, Belmont, Rider, Asheville
16: Lamar, Morgan St, Austin Peay, American, Alabama St

Last 4 in - Massachusetts, Houston, Ohio St, Arizona St

First 4 out - Stephen F. Austin, W. Kentucky, IUPUI, Creighton

Next 4 out - Kentucky, Oregon, Syracuse, Virginia Tech

If Tennessee gets to sunday in the SEC, They get a one I think. Georgetown prolly ought to ba a two, but I understand putting them at three...

Tennessee will complete the regular season ranked #1 in RPI.

Has the #1 team in RPI ever missed out on a 1 seed?

Belmont is certainly playing well right now.

ViA I see you have UMBC as a 14, is that because of the relative weakness of the field this year, or do you think they could give someone some problems from that spot?

VN Store

Back