Tennessee vs Memphis = Recruits

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
I know in the past there has been very few recruting wars between the two because Tennessee was never a contender. Things have changed, they are a contender, so yes, this game is important for recruiting, and I think Coach Pearl has suggested this as well.

I don't think a Memphis loss would hurt Cal's ability to land bluff city's finest.

It could, perhaps, help Pearl a little bit...but, I don't think this game will have a very measurable impact on recruiting.

Anything that will be gained by this game, will be been gained whatever the outcome, barring a major blowout loss. The hype and national attention being heaped onto this game is enough to get Pearl's foot in the door a little more than before.

Yes it will!

Our thumping of Memphis last season didn't land us Williams so how is a win any different this year? What is bigger for recruiting, winning the SEC or beating Memphis?

Yeah, I'm sure a loss to Tennessee tomorrow night will cripple Cal's ability to recruit Laurinberg Prep and the Northeast.

Yeah, I'm sure a loss to Tennessee tomorrow night will cripple Cal's ability to recruit Laurinberg Prep and the Northeast.

What do you think of Chris Low's article (posted today) about Saturday's game? He discussed the recruiting angle a bit...

I can see Tennessee and Memphis going at it like Michigan and Michigan State one day.

This game is much more important for Tennessee than it is for Memphis. Like Cal said, they've already established themselves as a national powerhouse. Tennessee has not done so yet, but saturday would be a nice start.

This game is much more important for Tennessee than it is for Memphis. Like Cal said, they've already established themselves as a national powerhouse. Tennessee has not done so yet, but saturday would be a nice start.

70-21 in three seasons, nationally ranked every year, No. 2 seed in 2006, Sweet 16 in 2007, ranked second in the country this year with a 24-2 record...

We've established ourselves as something.

The only thing Cal's done so far that we haven't done is get one round farther in the NCAA Tournament. Gene Bartow and Dana Kirk's "accomplishments" at Tiger High are ancient history. They haven't arrived, and neither have we, until one of us makes the Final Four.

70-21 in three seasons, nationally ranked every year, No. 2 seed in 2006, Sweet 16 in 2007, ranked second in the country this year with a 24-2 record...

We've established ourselves as something.

The only thing Cal's done so far that we haven't done is get one round farther in the NCAA Tournament. Gene Bartow and Dana Kirk's "accomplishments" at Tiger High are ancient history. They haven't arrived, and neither have we, until one of us makes the Final Four.

You havn't arrived until you win a national championship my friend ! We have not either , we just have more tournament history at this point . I can see tn headed in that direction as long as they can keep cbp ! :salute:

One thing to consider is even Atlanta is closer to K-ville than Pimphis is. BP should focus on that area more than Pimphis since nobody down there in Atlanta wants to stay and play for the leg humpers anyway. :eek:lol:

You havn't arrived until you win a national championship my friend ! We have not either , we just have more tournament history at this point . I can see tn headed in that direction as long as they can keep cbp ! :salute:

==========================================

This is an open letter to all "Ridge Runner High" fans. We need a truce!! :mf_surrender:

Ken-yucky is now a mutual enemy! If yoy guys drop the insults and root for us, we can do the same for you.

Hell, we are in the same state dammit! You hold up the east, we got the west, Nashville is the border!! You keep your recruits in your area , we do the same!!

Calipari screwed us, and he screwed you when Selby decommited! Selby would have put you guys on the map!

What are your thoughts??? :question:

I do not think that is what Pearl wants to recruit anyway. I don't think he wants a one and done.

Wow dude every team except for UNC the past 5 years has one the NC if you dont have a top 10 recurit on your team theres no way.

VN Store

Back