Dexter

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
anyone catch this last night? i viewed it on a whim cause Knight Rider sucked. i came away very impressed. very cool story, and i already like most of the characters. very intriguing.

i guess if you like movies like "the Bone Collector" or "Seven" "Kiss the Girls" etc....you'd probably like this too.

anyone catch this last night? i viewed it on a whim cause Knight Rider sucked. i came away very impressed. very cool story, and i already like most of the characters. very intriguing.

i guess if you like movies like "the Bone Collector" or "Seven" "Kiss the Girls" etc....you'd probably like this too.

I watched the original on Showtime. What was this particular episode about?

This is a great show. I hope they don't dumb it down for the network.

I watched the original on Showtime. What was this particular episode about?

This is a great show. I hope they don't dumb it down for the network.
it seemed to be the first episode....some character development...but the story was primarily about a set of murders where the body was hacked up, but there was no blood at the scene.

and now that you mention it, it did seem like they edited some of the language. i could have sworn i heard "scum bum" in there somewhere......:)

wtf with using a mustang for Knight Rider....I didn't watch the show but saw a trailer.....I guess because firebirds are out of production, GM can't pay them to use and older style car (a Solstice just wouldn't do)

I guess they'd have to cut alot out because not only is dexter pretty violent but its 55 minutes along and network hour long shows clock in at 40 min without commericals. I watched it when it origionally aired on showtime but i havent seen any of the reairings on network

there was a mention of the show being re-aired on Showtime or TMC.....i wish i had picked it up when it was on one of those networks instead of CBS.

but i'll watch anyway....

Last nights episode of Dexter was the first episode of season 1, which originally aired on Showtime a couple years ago.

It is a GREAT show, but I wonder how much it will lose being on network TV instead of Showtime. I didn't watch last night because I've already seen the first 2 seasons, but I think it should still be pretty good since there isn't quite as much nudity/cussing as some of the HBO shows they've edited for cable. And obviously it won't be as "bloody" on CBS, but I don't think that's required for it to be a good show.

well crap, i'm now pissed i didn't watch it on Showtime. course, i didn't have showtime two years ago, so there you go.

I've been getting my Dexter on itunes and I'm halfway through season 1. I'm trying to decide if I should wait till the network versions catch up or if I should just continue to download the uncut itunes origional showtime versions

I was looking forward to it, having never ponied up the cash for Showtime.

and I was........Hooked. I went out and bought the first season on DVD today.

how many total seasons have there been? can I reasonably catch up to the new season with DVD's?

If you're going to watch Dexter, get the real thing on DVD. Don't watch the watered down version, you miss a lot.

Been a huge fan of it since the first episode on ShowTime. Glad CBS is getting the word out on it a little more but you really need to watch the unedited version to get a full feel of it. It along with Californication is two of the best shows on tv along with House.

I'm bumping this because I was about to create a topic about it and saw there already was one.

Dexter is by far my favorite "crime/drama" type of show ever now. Do yourself a favor and watch the uncut episodes because they are so much better. I just got done with Season 2 and will not give away any spoilers here except to say that as much as I liked Season 1 I think Season 2 was even better.

The whole storyline of Season 2 and the character development is phenominal. You actually feel attached to almost all of the characters on the show and that's impressive. Am contemplating getting Showtime on my cable package in addition to the HBO/Encore I already have just to catch Dexter Season 3.

I bought the first season and have already watched it. I'm currently working on season two right now.

Season 3 great so far. I won't ruin it for some who haven't gotten that far. Just keep watching...it's worth it.

im not going to read through all of this, because i havent seen any of season three.

i went and bought season one last night, and watched the first episode. i love the show. my friend mentioned it to me a couple of years ago when it first came on, but i never bothered watching it. now i wish that i was caught up.

Its easy to get hooked on. I watched Season 1 in a week. I watched Season 2 in about 5 days. With them not having a ton of episodes per season you can knock both seasons out in 2-3 weeks.

Its easy to get hooked on. I watched Season 1 in a week. I watched Season 2 in about 5 days. With them not having a ton of episodes per season you can knock both seasons out in 2-3 weeks.

I watched seasons 1 and 2 in the last three days. I have been downloading Season 3 and will start that when I get off work today. This show has been epic. Especially season 2.

Cannot wait for season 3 to come out on DVD. I have season 1 and 2. It is an outstanding show. Per previous posters, DVD or Showtime is the best way to watch the show.

I also watched them in rapid pace (watched all of season 2 in 3 days last week) genius idea for a show. i may have to get Showtime for the new season

VN Store

Back