Lady Vols Get Stomped!

They were up 19 pts in the first 8 minutes. I gotta hand it to LSU they didnt' quit, they kept fighting! The LVs on the other hand BETTER get their crap together, or they won't make it out of the elite 8!
Candace had 26 and her teammates simply didn't show up.

The bench is not tournament ready. Hornbuckle needs to be a leader and score some points. This team should be embarrassed by the way they come out in the 2nd half of games.:ermm: LSU shot 60% in the 2nd half!

They lost their intensity tonight. The game was closer than the score, but they really played poorly in the 2nd half and the last third of the first half. We couldn't crack that zone they ran, and we let them get us completely out of position for quick drives to the basket. They weren't intense at all. Settled for one-on-one matchups instead of moving the ball, and it got em beat. Bjorkland has got to score more than 5 points for us to win games like this.

I'll give it to LSU, they shot lights out, lots of hard shots. However, the easy drives we allowed were not acceptable. This should have been a blowout by us, but 12 minutes into the game, we let up and they came back.

Some folks are saying stuff like, lazy, pompus, no intensity, no talent, overrated, one girl band, flat, no killer instinct. After watching this terrible game, most folks maybe right!!!
Comeon girls, where is your effort?

I agree about Pat, she seemed like "O well, let's take a whuppin' now so the nation will give us a break about all out injustices." Dang, I'm bumbed out!

I think part of their problem is with part of them standing around & just waiting for Candace to do something....They need to be intense and put some Hustle & heart in to it.....Hornbuckle needs to step & they all need to take it up a notch......I'm with you guys on pat..but maybe she just thought the Butt kicking will wake this Team up.....Something needs to!

Go Lady Vols

2 pathetic back to back performances.
the ladies cannot go 12 minutes with scoring only 6 pts.
the guys can because they play D but the girls cant
they need someone to step up besides Candace..
Pat needs to coach them up.

The last two games, Parker has started strong, and Angie B has gotten into early foul trouble. Then the opponents shut Parker out, Angie is on the bench, and nobody else seems to know what to do. Maybe the coaching staff should do a better job preparing the team to play under those circumstances. Pat was quoted as saying she didn't want anymore shots taken out of the paint in the Rutgers game. Well, maybe in the end that is what hurt them. And, too, you have to wonder about team spirit when everything is centered around one player.

PS has been a spotty coach for the last decade or so. I love her, truly, but her only true genius is at getting other teams to play less well than the Vols--she's a master of winning big games ugly. Great: Show me you can take a team of AAs and actually play a GOOD game once in a while! The Rutgers game was classic UT/PS: The teams shoots 29 percent, plays like the keystone kops in the second half and still wins! But it may be catching up with the LVs. Hornbuckle, a very talented player and athlete, has been an absolute NO-SHOW for three weeks. Early this year, she finally seemed to get that she needed to be more assertive offensively--take the ball to the hoop, shoot more, score more! Then, recently, she has done nothing. Bobbitt? She had ZERO assists against duke (yet of course the LVs still won). She's gutsy in the clutch, will take the 3 when needed, a fairly good defensive player--but she's not a very good point guard because she doesn't distribute the ball well.

UT's real problem is that PS doesn't no how to coach team offense--never has, really. Many of her players NEVER develop offensively; and others actually lose offensive confidence over time and REGRESS, because she's always harping on defense and rebounding. Her teams NEVER pass the ball well, UT's ball movement is mediocre at best and her teams rarely shoot well as a team.

She can win when she gets great players like Parker, but relies on them too much because she can't coach team offense. Watch other teams move and pass the ball and then watch UT. She hasn't had a good center in a decade--none of them EVER develop an offensive game. Robinson, Fluker, Anosike: all come in with potential and then...didly. Anosike has been an asset with her defense and rebounding--the two things that ps has obsessed over for 30 years but is clueless with the basketball.

I've watched the LV's for forever, but I'm down on PS because she does not know how to coach team offense--and because despite all the top players she gets, her teams rarely really play well together, I don't care how many titles she has. And let's be honest: She's got to be a more than a little burnt out by now! Now watch: She'll go out and win another title by winning four straight ncaa games in which her teams shoot 30 percent, averages 8 assists/16 turnovers, but prevail at the buzzer in all of them in ugly defensive struggles. That's her formula--and yea, it's worked--but it's an odd one for a team that's supposed to be loaded with talent every year.

That's my beef--play up to your talent. The LVs don't. She's //supposedly// got five/six HS AAs on the team, so why must the LVs depend on Parker to get 30 a game!! Better, if you've got talent, to have three or four players scoring 12 to 15--you're more balanced! You're also vulnerable to good teams when your offense consists of: Throw the ball to Parker and hope she can do something against a double-team. That's essentially the LV offense with Summitt--despite having a team full of supposed stars! This is why geno/ct has had success against ps over the years--he can coach team offense. Even when he had Taurasi, he was not all that dependent on her to score--she got everyone else involved. PS cannot teach her teams to do that.

For some reason or another I knew this was going to be a tough game and the Lady Vols could lose this one.
Oh well, time to regroup and make another run. Candace needs support from the whole team. LV's need to have at least 3 in double figures each time they play with results like this: 24, 18, 15 and the remainder of the team put up at least 25-30 points. Maybe that's asking too much of 5 other players.
Can't afford to lose anymore before tourney time.
GO LADY VOLS!

Ok let me say that as long as LSU has Fowles there going to be good she is 6'6 and very intimidating I wish she would have choosen UT instead of LSU( we were her 2nd choice) but with that being said Angie has hit that thing we call a freshman wall she will bounce back the team is ok we remember it's a marathon not a sprint

I AGREE.
CPS really struggling lately and I am a huge fan of hers and have worked many of her camps.

lately seems teams are all talent but no team.

I saw the score whiz by on the bottom of ESPN and couldn't believe it. I hope we fix whatever happened.

Everybody is spot on about Pat. Seriously, the National title game she won last year was ugly and there is no excuse to ever lose a game, ever!

VN Store

Back