Is this a first???

corona1898

GO VOLS
Teammates Bench Noah

Team votes for 2nd benching after player in altercation with assistant

updated 4:58 p.m. ET, Sun., Jan. 13, 2008
ATLANTA - Chicago Bulls rookie Joakim Noah was benched for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Hawks — by his teammates.

The Bulls lost 105-84 to the Hawks.

They delivered a unanimous vote after the rookie from Florida was involved in a confrontation with assistant coach Ron Adams in practice before Friday's game at Philadelphia.

Noah was inactive for the Philadelphia game for internal disciplinary reasons, but the players told interim coach Jim Boylan one game was not enough.

"We have a chance to salvage this season and we just need everybody on the page,'' said Bulls veteran guard Adrian Griffin. "It's one of those things that I believe is going to bring us closer.

"Everyone on this team knows what Joakim can do and we just look forward to getting him back on the court.''

A subdued Noah, who is averaging 4.2 points and 3.1 rebounds in 12.3 minutes, sat at his locker before Sunday's game.

"They just told me what I did was unacceptable and I'm just going to move on from here,'' Noah said. "I've just got to accept it. What do you want me to say? I've just got to move on. There's nothing I can do about it.''

When asked if he believes the two-game suspension is too severe, Noah said "Ask the players who made the decision. I don't know. ... Do I agree with it? It doesn't make a difference. I respect my teammates.''

These Bulls players should learn some chivalry. You should never treat a woman like that.

It's sad when Ben Wallace calls you out. I remember confrontations he had with Flip Saunders; this must have been a bad one:

"I understand frustrations with coaches, but you can never take it to that level where you overstep the coach-player relationship and talk to a grown man like that. I might not like you as a coach, but I have to respect you as a man.

As for the title of the thread, Barry Bonds was famously voted off Arizona State's team by his teammates.

It's sad when Ben Wallace calls you out. I remember confrontations he had with Flip Saunders; this must have been a bad one:

As for the title of the thread, Barry Bonds was famously voted off Arizona State's team by his teammates.

What was the reason for Bonds teamates to vote him off?

Seen Noah on the local Orlando news last night. This last year has not softened his appearance.

NO. Barry Bonds was the best player they had and was the best player in MLB, a lot.

what year are you referring to BB as the best player in MLB? Most years I can think of i can think of players that I would've chose in a heartbeat over BB and not because of personality issues.

what year are you referring to BB as the best player in MLB? Most years I can think of i can think of players that I would've chose in a heartbeat over BB and not because of personality issues.
he was the best player in baseball in the early 90s and was the best player in the late 90s early 2000s. I don't know, but I have to assume he was the player of the decade in the 90s.

You might have had a few seasons where someone was better, but nobody was anywhere near as consistently good. Steroids and cheating aside, he is one of the top 2 or 3 hitters of all time.

he was the best player in baseball in the early 90s and was the best player in the late 90s early 2000s. I don't know, but I have to assume he was the player of the decade in the 90s.

You might have had a few seasons where someone was better, but nobody was anywhere near as consistently good. Steroids and cheating aside, he is one of the top 2 or 3 hitters of all time.

i would have to research it, but I would wager that I could name a player every year from the strike on that had a better season. Thinking only offensively though, he may have been the most consistent though.

i would have to research it, but I would wager that I could name a player every year from the strike on that had a better season. Thinking only offensively though, he may have been the most consistent though.
I'll bet you 10 grand right now that there was not somebody better each season. I'll even double down and bet that he was the best overall.

He had some obscene OBP, slugging, OPS, average etc. He didn't have the RBIs because of low PA numbers and lack of plate setters, but he was by far the best hitter in the game all around the turn of the century.

I'll bet you 10 grand right now that there was not somebody better each season. I'll even double down and bet that he was the best overall.

He had some obscene OBP, slugging, OPS, average etc. He didn't have the RBIs because of low PA numbers and lack of plate setters, but he was by far the best hitter in the game all around the turn of the century.

and that's only half the game. as he continued to "beef up" he continued to spiral in other key aspects of the game.

and that's only half the game. as he continued to "beef up" he continued to spiral in other key aspects of the game.
thought you said speaking offensively only. as for D, he was the best LF in the game with Pitt and won 3 MVPs there before moving to the Giants and hitting bombs.

thought you said speaking offensively only. as for D, he was the best LF in the game with Pitt and won 3 MVPs there before moving to the Giants and hitting bombs.

I admitted that he was the most consistent offensive player after the strike. Best player in the game each year is another story. I'm free most of tomorrow, I'll research each year and let you know my conclusions for best player on a yearly basis from '95 on.

Also, all my claims are after the strike. Bonds' years with the Pirates were all incredible on both sides of the ball and on the basepath. I can't and won't argue against those.

I admitted that he was the most consistent offensive player after the strike. Best player in the game each year is another story. I'm free most of tomorrow, I'll research each year and let you know my conclusions for best player on a yearly basis from '95 on.

Also, all my claims are after the strike. Bonds' years with the Pirates were all incredible on both sides of the ball and on the basepath. I can't and won't argue against those.
fair enough. Post '95 he had at least 2 seasons where he was light years ahead of everyone else. Don't have the figures in front of me, but the season he set the slugging % mark and I believe the prior season he was close and set the single season bomb and bombs per PA marks

VN Store

Back