Coach Pearl - Classiest Coach in SEC

Volstylexx

Sitting here in the hotel after the USC game tonight - Great game VOLS! I'm a Tennessean born and raised but transplanted in Charlotte NC for college... I go up to Knoxville for a few games each year and it was great to be able to only have to drive an hour and half to see the Vols in action! I must say-- I have always thought Pearl was a classy coach but in seeing him tonight I must say I was highly impressed.

After the game, there were many TN fans hanging around waiting to see the players and Coach Pearl. After the post game show.. Bruce stayed until everyone who wanted a handshake, hat signed, or picture got one. He met everyone with a smile, and thanked them for coming out to support the Vols. I must say he's one classy guy... and is exactly what we've needed at TN. GO VOLS!

*************** I went back and found this post I started a few years back because I still feel exactly the same about Pearl. I have friends at other schools who tell me all the time their coaches are pricks and won't even say "HI" when spoken to. People may criticize Pearl but he is a hell of a coach... and goes out of the way to make UT fans feel like a part of the experience. Go big orange! and thank you Bruce Pearl for making UT basketball what it is - RELEVANT again!!*************************

Last edited:
Pearl has brought more attention to UT BB than any coach since Ray Mears, and will exceed Mears before he is through. I hope that's a long time from now.

I agree with all! Two teams above us in the rankings lost today, do we move into the top 5?:rock:

I am very happy to have been among those who got a picture with Coach Pearl after the game.

always good to hear stuff like this. People can have their opinions about Pearl's personality, but there should only be unanimous support for him taking time to thank fans.

I agree with that, but for some reason his best recruits have actually been transfers from other schools.

the word is spreading.....based on last year's performance and what is unfolding now, the time is right for some big time recruits to take a serious look at UT.

yep

bp1.jpg

I was there myself with my 7 year old son! BP had a ice pack on and you knew he was tired but was there for us anyway ! What a class act

I agree with everyone... we met him walking around Athens last year, the night before the UT/UGA game... He was more than willing to stand around and talk. The way to win his sincere gratitude... show up on the road. He is always asking for fans to travel to road games. He truly appreciates it... Because of that, I am traveling more than I ever have for any sport.

GO VOLS!

Tennesee Girl's son Timmy shook hands with Lofton. I predict this handshake will turn around Lofton's season. It will shake him from his shooting slump.:)

the picture was circulated as his new girlfriend. Combined with the fact of the divorce Who knows and who cares whatever the truth is does not seem to affect his coaching. If it is true, seems to have done better than Clinton. Plus Bill still ended up with Hillary.

he has done the best marketing job in all of college hoops over the past 3 seasons. gripping and grinning is a huge part of that.

VN Store

Back