Baseball Team

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
We are 11-3 baby. Are team is on a roll since the 0-2 start at the begining of the Year. Hochevar Placed On Brooks Wallace College Player of the Year Watch List today so that is good. He is having a stellar year so far and I hope are pitching can carry us through the ncaa tournament. Just think, we could win a national championship in Wemons basket ball, Wemons softball, and our Mens baseball team isn't looking to bad. Oh lets not forget just how good our football team is going to be this year. Wow is our Athletic Department good or what.

The SEC has 7 teams ranked in the latest top 25 and Auburn is the 2nd team in "others receiving votes" so that makes 8 of the top 27 at the present time.

It's going to get interesting once SEC play begins.

Top 25 Poll LINK

jp_0577-lg.jpg

The baseball and softball teams get hardly any TV coverage. If I was on one of those teams I would be MAD.

The Tennessee softball team is having a great year as well, last I saw the rankings, they were #5 in the country. I believe the new softball complex is set to begin construction sometime this fall and will be ready for next season. Construction of the Lady Vol's new Soccer Stadium will also begin this fall.

The University of Tennessee is represented very well by our Women's Athletic Programs. We are the greatest women's basketball program ever and Top 5 this season. We are Top 5 in softball. We are in or around Top 10 in soccer, volleyball, and track and field. We are nationally ranked in golf and so-on.

All of us should be very proud of the our women's programs.

I think it is interesting that LSU is 11-3 and ranked 4th, GA is 7-3 and ranked 14th, FLA is 11-3 and ranked 16th, and MISS is 9-3 and ranked 18th, and we are 11-3 and not ranked. Guess we must be looking at strength of schedule so far, but it still seems a bit fishy to me. :question:

Except for Texas A&M and Baylor, and unfortunately, we lost both of those games and were killed by A&M. We will learn a lot more about this team with the start of league play.

We haven't played any tough teams yet...

The Minute Maid Classic in Houston at the beginning of the season had 2 top 10 teams. We lost both but gave away 6 unearned runs in one of them. Our diefense has solidified since then and our pitching is awesome!

Attachments

• a_hochevar_4810.jpg
    a_hochevar_4810.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 3
Yeah... So we're good, but we'll see how we really are when our first conference series comes against Auburn on the 18th.

as far as rankings go just remember, it's not where you begin in February, but where you end in May in the polls that count. If CRD wins tomorrow night it will be his 600th win! AWESOME!

VN Store

Back