Baseball

surrealvol

SEVEN!!! Sec teams in the Collegiate Baseball Top 25, and we are not one of them. What is wrong?

hey no worries be happy......let our play put us into the top 25 much more fun rooting for a team that has to rise than a team that starts out on top IMO :D

We were 34th in one pre-season poll. The UT bseball guys that I know say that our pitching will have to carry because we lack good bats and have very little power hitting. We did score a lot today against Tenn Tech. Last I knew, we were up 16-1.

Pitching and small ball is our game. We lost one in Houston due to errors. Small ball is becoming a trend in college ball. As long as our D backs up Hochevar, Watson and Atkins, we'll be OK.

We lost a couple of key players in the offseason due to transfer or grade problems. We have several newbies that will contribute as soon as they gain some experience. Again, I believe CRD has to go under .500 and be loosing ground before MH will even consider dismissing him. I guess some folks are like sharks smelling blood and just want to fire someone in order to feel good about themselves.

Originally posted by TNFanBornandRaised@Feb 22, 2005 9:42 PM
hey no worries be happy......let our play put us into the top 25 much more fun rooting for a team that has to rise than a team that starts out on top IMO :D

Top recruits don't come to schools that have to rise to the top. They want to step right into the mix.

Originally posted by orangewizard98@Feb 23, 2005 12:21 AM
We were 34th in one pre-season poll. The UT bseball guys that I know say that our pitching will have to carry because we lack good bats and have very little power hitting. We did score a lot today against Tenn Tech. Last I knew, we were up 16-1.

Tennessee Tech is in my town, trust me, that score isn't anything to be to proud of, Tech's coach is only in his second year.

Why did TTU let Aaron Carrol go? My son played for him this summer on a travel team...he's a dang good coach.

VN Store

Back