Can you IMAGINE CPF demanding a celebration penalty?

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Georgia coach Mark Richt, who's to mild-mannered what Bob Knight is to temperamental, suggested his Bulldogs go out and get a penalty for excessive celebration after their first touchdown Saturday. In reality, he didn't suggest it. He ordered it.
"Creating a little passion," is the way Richt described it.

I LOVE that.

I still think it was a bad move. Yes, Georgia won, but giving Florida the ball at the 50?

Good for Richt, he made a statement with that. It got his team going. CFP would have never even thought about doing anything like that. He would have done the norm, you know...:clapping:

I still think it was a bad move. Yes, Georgia won, but giving Florida the ball at the 50?

Yeah.....but it pumped the whole team up and the UGA fans were wild. I'd love to see a little creativity coming from OUR sideline once in a while.

Creative move from a creative coach, and I think it was great. Fulmer would just make charts.

Richt admitted that the Georgia coaches game-planned energy as much as they did X's and O's this week.

Excellent move.

I agree. UGA was so pumped for that game -- it wasn't needed. They had just crammed it down Florida's D on 9 straight runs.

All it did was artificially pump Florida enough to answer their score in 4 plays.

It was unusually classless on Richt's part.

LIO, he is a negavol as well.......how can sparking ur team be a bad move and you beat a rival??

Yeah.....but it pumped the whole team up and the UGA fans were wild. I'd love to see a little creativity coming from OUR sideline once in a while.

LOL.....could you imagine these geriatric negavols on here if we got our team excited and won?? hold on a sec, the slobber crew are still calling for his head and we had a win....nevermind!! lmao, it amazes me!!

Richt should be fined and suspended by the SEC. Had Meyer done the same thing after Florida tied it, there would have eventually been a major brawl. Imagine if UGA would have been playing the U.

no it was not. He expected FL to Score I am sure but if they had not the mental advantage would have given GA a much greater edge. Worst case was 7-7 and receiving the ball. But he sent the message that FL was not going to Romp easily to a win.

no it was not. He expected FL to Score I am sure but if they had not the mental advantage would have given GA a much greater edge. Worst case was 7-7 and receiving the ball. But he sent the message that FL was not going to Romp easily to a win.

How does running onto the field convey that message? To show a team you won't roll over, you run it down their throats, like UGA did, and would have done anyways.

Well, I think it was an excellent way to fire up his team. I will admit I know nothing about coaching, stats, strategy, etc. but it fired ME up just seeing it happen.

Richt should be fined and suspended by the SEC. Had Meyer done the same thing after Florida tied it, there would have eventually been a major brawl. Imagine if UGA would have been playing the U.

i disagree. i loved the move. when i played ball in college, and my coach who was so far from show boating or making a scene got ejected from the game, we were down 13 at the time, and came back and won by 8. it got the guys so fired up on the team that we weren't going to lose the game. i love the passion.

Well, I think it was an excellent way to fire up his team. I will admit I know nothing about coaching, stats, strategy, etc. but it fired ME up just seeing it happen.

It fired up Florida more--at least temporarily. UGA was already fired up--didn't need the artificial show.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

It fired up Florida more--at least temporarily. UGA was already fired up--didn't need the artificial show.

i think w/ georgia scoring first and going nuts it gave them the confidence that they can handle florida. watch bruce pearl he gets his guys fired up all the time. i would love to have played for a guy like that. this is what makes it fun.

:crazy:

You're not suppose to EAT the crayons

i think w/ georgia scoring first and going nuts it gave them the confidence that they can handle florida. watch bruce pearl he gets his guys fired up all the time. i would love to have played for a guy like that. this is what makes it fun.

I will say it was a fun game to watch.

Im sorry, I would have to disagree. Ga. 42 Fl. 30 :whistling:

IMO, the outcome had nothing to do with the unsportsmanlike penalty. Any false emotion that it caused was deflated by the interception return for TD.

UGA was pumped from the beginning, no need for orchestrated emotion.

Theatrical -- Not game changing.

Georgia coach Mark Richt, who's to mild-mannered what Bob Knight is to temperamental, suggested his Bulldogs go out and get a penalty for excessive celebration after their first touchdown Saturday. In reality, he didn't suggest it. He ordered it.
"Creating a little passion," is the way Richt described it.

I LOVE that.

best college football coaching call of the year.

I agree. UGA was so pumped for that game -- it wasn't needed. They had just crammed it down Florida's D on 9 straight runs.

All it did was artificially pump Florida enough to answer their score in 4 plays.

It was unusually classless on Richt's part.

football is as much about attitude, confidence, and swagger as it is x's and o's. nothing classless about richt's call. florida's the better team of the two, georgia's mindset won that game.

exactly.

VN Store

Back