All-Star Rosters 2007

smokeyman15

The Gamecock Slayer
Whats everyone think? I think Edgar Renteria got snubbed...Im sure there are others aswell...Always are :bad:

Bunch of good shortstops in the NL so far this season. One or two were bound to get snubbed.

Cabrera oughtta be starting at 3rd over Wright.

I haven't actually looked at the entire rosters... but I'm assuming one of either Victor Martinez or Jorge Posada got snubbed since Pudge got voted in as the starter...

I was surprised Brian McCann got in again this year, he's hasn't been the hitter he was last year, but there aren't that many great NL catchers so, had to take someone.

Ryan Howard didn't make the all star roster, did he?

I know Fielder was voted in and Pujols was selected as well... but I saw where Howard was going to be participating in the HR Derby. I thought you had to be on the all star team to do that? If you don't, they should invite Adam Dunn to the HR Derby.

Freddy Sanchez making the all star team is a joke. He is probably the 10th (maybe 11th) best 2B in the NL. He is a slap hitting 2B that hits for no power, doesn't walk and has no speed. He has an OPS of .691 and a Slugging % of 367.

Gotta have a player from every roster. IE Dimitri Young being the FOURTH 1st baseman going

Gotta have a player from every roster. IE Dimitri Young being the FOURTH 1st baseman going
Gorzelanny is atleast having a decent year for the Pirates. Also you shouldnt reward a crappy player just because he sucks a little bit less than most of the people on their team.

I agree. But that is how it is set up. Which sucks because some teams are just bad all around

Good to see Chris Young made it in on the fan vote. Not sure why he wasn't on the roster to begin with...

Good to see Chris Young made it in on the fan vote. Not sure why he wasn't on the roster to begin with...

C. Young of the Padres?

The guy doesn't have overpowering stuff, but he hits his spots and changes speeds enough to keep hitters off-balance.

Also, DYK he pitched at Princeton? brainiac.

I was thinking more about his NL leading 2.00 ERA when I said he should've already been on the All-Star roster.

Also, 6th in the NL with 99 Ks in 103.2 innings, 1.06 WHIP, and a .197 BAA, both tops in the NL.

I was thinking more about his NL leading 2.00 ERA when I said he should've already been on the All-Star roster.

Also, 6th in the NL with 99 Ks in 103.2 innings, 1.06 WHIP, and a .197 BAA, both tops in the NL.
I'd say a .197 BAA, nearly 1 SO per inning and only one runner per inning qualifies as overpowering.

VN Store

Back