Barry Bonds set to break Hank Aaron's home run record

Should Barry Bonds be in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters

WA_Vol

Hank Aaron 755
Barry Bonds 746

Should Barry Bonds be in the hall of fame even if he used steroids?

Hall of fame.

Same goes for guys like McGwire, Sosa, and everybody else. I guarantee there are already players in the HOF who have used steroids. It's MLB's fault for not catching those guys and keeping them from playing baseball. Instead, they did play, and some were great. They need to be recognized.

Hall of fame.

Same goes for guys like McGwire, Sosa, and everybody else. I guarantee there are already players in the HOF who have used steroids. It's MLB's fault for not catching those guys and keeping them from playing baseball. Instead, they did play, and some were great. They need to be recognized.

Exactly . . . The problem Bonds is going to have though is getting past the holier than thou baseball writers.

I hate Barry Bonds but he has to be in.

1% of why I hate Barry Bonds has to do with him using steriods.

The other 99% is that he's Barry Bonds.

I do admire him for helping the Braves win 3 straight NL/division titles in the early 90s.

and how did he do that?

He played for the Pirates in 91 and 92, when the Braves beat them to get to the WS. Then he went to the Giants, where the Braves won the division on the last day with something like 102 wins to the Giants' 101. He batted poorly in both postseasons in 91 and 92, but I guess to be technically correct his play in 93 didn't exactly help the Braves win the division - they just beat his team out.

Same. I think it's been lost that he's always been a quintessential baseball jerk.

Yep - I never liked him, but I always admired his abilities. So graceful, so smooth, so dangerous in all aspects. He was a great player before steroids, IMO, probably the best in my lifetime even if he hadn't taken them.

Barry Bonds is a Hall of Famer, period. Roids no roids, crappy personality, no personality, It matters not, he's one of the best hitters of all time.

he'll be in the Hall of Fame, but as a snub to his alleged steroid use, he won't be a first ballot inductee.

OT, but if McGwire, Sosa and Bonds get into Cooperstown I think Pete Rose should go in as well.

VN Store

Back