Reggie White passes away...

GoVolsDogg

What a sad schoker, massive heart attack at 43 years old.

Best defensive linemen that I ever got to watch, possibly best of all-time at his position.

Second all-time in career sacks in the NFL with 198, only two behind Bruce Smith.

He will be missed.

Originally posted by milohimself@Dec 26, 2004 2:50 PM
Second all-time in career sacks in the NFL with 198, only two behind Bruce Smith.

He will be missed.

Yep, and Smith played about 3 extra years just to get that record also.

Reggie also spent a few years in the USFL and a retirment stint as well, he plays those years and you're looking at 220 sacks or so in a career.

I couldn't believe that Reggie White died. I think that he is the best defensive lineman of all time (Tennessee and NFL) and I think that #92 is the best Vol of all time.

R.I.P. Rev. Reggie White

Originally posted by GoVolsDogg+Dec 26, 2004 3:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GoVolsDogg &#064; Dec 26, 2004 3:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Dec 26, 2004 2:50 PM

He will be missed.

Yep, and Smith played about 3 extra years just to get that record also.

Reggie also spent a few years in the USFL and a retirment stint as well, he plays those years and you&#39;re looking at 220 sacks or so in a career. [/quote]
He also had something like 21 sacks in only 12 games during the 1987 season.

In 2 USFL seasons, he was credited with 23.5 sacks, which boosts his pro total to 221.5

Second in NFL career sacks
Selected to record 13 consecutive Pro Bowls (1986-1998).
Earned 1987 and 1998 NFL defensive player of the year award.
Named to the All-Pro team seven times.
Elected to NFL’s 75th anniversary all-time team.
Had three career interceptions and two fumble returns for touchdowns.

not only greatest football player ever but proably the greatest man who ever lived also.

The most Important thing Reggie left on me was his message and his life even over his hall of fame career...His outspoken nature on Christianity and his beliefs will impact people more than his career. Michael Irvin (who eventually accepted Christ) was quoted when Reggie died as saying "Reggie every year we we&#39;re at the probowl I would ask him about football and we&#39;d talk for a minute or 2 then he would ask me about my family and where I was in my relationship with Christ. He was always more concerned about his fellow players relationships than with football. My hats off to a great man who is finally at rest with his Lord. :clap:

VN Store

Back