Worst manager?

vols kick balls

Who do you think the worst manager in baseball is? Id have to go with the Reds own Jerry Narron. If Dusty Baker still had a job it would be a hard choice for me to make.

Sam Perlozzo of the O's is well liked, but doesn't have a clue.

Also, Charlie Manuel.

John Gibbons sucks out loud.

He's so well liked he almost fought with two of his players last year.

tell me has any of these managers above put someone in the mold of a very slow, decent to below average power hitter, doesnt make good contact most of the time, 35+ year old first basemanto hit leadoff more than one time? Jerry Narron has.

I do believe Gibbons and Narron both probably went to the same school of starting a different lineup every single game.

Some poor guy called in last night after the game and volunteered to manage the Reds free of charge.

After Marty went off, the guy doing the post game show said he was running out of stuff to stay and that he would invite callers to co-host with him.

Atlanta fan here, but I have to say Bobby Cox. If I was the manager of those teams in the 90's, the ATL would have at least 3 world titles.

There's no question that Cox has at times made some really questionable moves in the playoffs, but say that he personally cost the Braves a couple of titles is a little excessive. The biggest factor in the Braves' postseason woes has been simple blind bad luck. If Lonnie Smith doesn't let Chuck Knoblacuh make him look like an idiot, then the Braves win in 1991 and we're not having this conversation. If an umpire doesn't obstruct Jermaine Dye on a foul ball in 1996, then Leyritz's home run wouldn't've tied the game. Baseball is such a random game that a short series is largely a crapshoot, and the Braves have been unlucky a lot.

It's also true that the Braves were "built for the regular season" moreso than the playoffs, since they tended to devote extra resources to starting pitching at the expense of the offense. But still -- it's not hard to name five or six weird things that happened that, had they gone the other way, would have resulted in the Braves winning more than 1 WS.

Besides, if Cox hadn't been the manager, then the trio of Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz wouldn't have stayed together for so long, and there wouldn't have been 14 division titles in the first place.

well that explains the Braves, wonder what happened to his Bluejays?

I can see it now. "Marky W, I want you to get out there and hang a curve ball for Jimmy".

VN Store

Back