Braves too white?

Bennett4UT

Vol in Dawg country
Did anyone else catch this story yesterday?

The rainbow/PUSH group met with the Brave's and demanded that they recruit more African American players because, according to them, the sports team of a city should reflect the racial make up of that city. For example Atlanta is 50% AA so the Braves should be.

The two guys from the Rainbow/PUSH group were on a local radio show and it was the typical BS refusing to answer questions and shooting down any use of logic. When asked if the Falcons and Hawks should now be 50% white or other they had no answer and said it was up to the owners. When told that many HBC baseball teams were two thirds non-african american they changed the subject.

IMO this is ridiculous you put the best players on the field regardless of race or ethnicity. And if it goes one way then why not the other? The rainbow coalition sure is monochromatic and PUSH doesn't do anything but try to push people around

I tried to find a link for this story but couldn't find one.

I just saw the topic in the Politics section. Sorry for reposting and possibly posting in the wrong section.

i saw that only like 8% of MLB players are black, and that the braves and astros or somebody, were the only teams to not have an african american on their roster on opening day. i thought edgar renteria would count, but now the braves have willie harris

VN Store

Back