Jackie Robinson Celebration

Business

I've never heard of a 60th Anny of something. Why is MLB celebrating on the 60th?

I also think ESPN and MLB is absolutley running the celebration into the ground with ad neausa commercials and letting whole teams and players wearing the #42.

Which myself I don't even think #42 should be retired MLB-wide, I think that decision was a little dumb. A Bud Selig brainchild.

Anyway your thoughts.......

They seem to be really pushing the 'get blacks involved in baseball' thing. They even had a Civil Rights game near the end of Spring Training with the Indians and Cardinals in Memphis.

They gave some low percentage that makes up black players in the majors right now. Kinda funny I thought, 60 years ago they couldn't get it, and now they don't want in.

They seem to be really pushing the 'get blacks involved in baseball' thing. They even had a Civil Rights game near the end of Spring Training with the Indians and Cardinals in Memphis.

They gave some low percentage that makes up black players in the majors right now. Kinda funny I thought, 60 years ago they couldn't get it, and now they don't want in.

True.....reminds me of when Tiger started raking in the PGA and there were stories each week of inner city golf clubs starting. I don't really think that took off.

Anyway if they don't like the game, a bunch of pros wearing #42 isn't going to make them want to play either.

Baseball is boring to a majority of the public. I play baseball and it isn't even my favorite sport to watch, but I love playing it. There just going to have to face facts that thier game isn't that exciting to that demographic instead of shoving it down everyones throats and trying to force the issue.

There is apparently going to be 5 whole teams who ALL wear the #42. It's getting to the point now where if you don't wear it you'll probably be criticized.

Man oh Man. This is gonna be a year to remember guys. Racism and race issues are taking center stage this year. And it keeps getting more and more.

Why the hell cant we all just be f****** humans and not divided by the way we look? Why are people so damn sensitive? Grow some cojones and be proud of who you are. Screw what someelse says.

Man oh Man. This is gonna be a year to remember guys. Racism and race issues are taking center stage this year. And it keeps getting more and more.

Why the hell cant we all just be f****** humans and not divided by the way we look? Why are people so damn sensitive? Grow some cojones and be proud of who you are. Screw what someelse says.

I think I heard God Bless America play in my head when reading that.

VN Store

Back