Roids

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
I feel bad for guys like Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds. We've all been there. I can't begin to count the number of times that I've injected myself or rubbed in a cream only to find out later that I had been duped into using steroids. Finally, I've figured out what caused the wheels to come off my golf career. :blink: :blink: :bs:

Giambi knew. As for Bonds... He probably did, but I don't like to pass judgement. We'll see how this all turns out. But this could be another blow like the 96 strike.

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 3, 2004 11:30 PM
I feel bad for guys like Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds. We've all been there. I can't begin to count the number of times that I've injected myself or rubbed in a cream only to find out later that I had been duped into using steroids. Finally, I've figured out what caused the wheels to come off my golf career. :blink: :blink: :bs:

:dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: Hey wait, :blink: That can happen,can't it. :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

Giambi his career is done! Man he is horrible without the roids! but as for Bonds he continues to hit homeruns cause he crowds the plate and doesn't swing at bad pitches! but to me baseball is not that exciting and is boring just like the NHL so I really dont care about either sport! :twocents:

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was gonna be about Preparation H.

:lol:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Dec 6, 2004 8:04 AM

:shakehead: That's sad.

:eek:lol: Uh Oh, your age is showing......... :p

PreparationHOintmt50.jpg

That explains the crankiness I guess . . .

Originally posted by Vols4life@Dec 4, 2004 12:53 AM
Giambi his career is done! Man he is horrible without the roids! but as for Bonds he continues to hit homeruns cause he crowds the plate and doesn't swing at bad pitches! but to me baseball is not that exciting and is boring just like the NHL so I really dont care about either sport! :twocents:

I've heard alot of the so-called experts on ESPN Radio say that "Bonds still hits home runs but he's definately not on steroids this year."

However, I always thought that its not the steroids that helps a person hit... the roids help build muscle mass, etc. If the timing is already there for a player, the additional muscle mass would be able to make that player hit harder, faster, further, etc. Thus the home run numbers and extra base hit numbers go up. If they stop taking the steroids... the muscle that was built just doesn't disappear.

In Giambi's case, it is my understanding that injuries have helped with his demise.

The steroids that Bonds took made up bulk up and stay bulked up at a rate that would not have been possible by any means if he had not taken the drugs, thus a big unfair advantage.

His lie reminds me of Pete Rose and his "I didn't bet on baseball" speeches

Originally posted by U-T@Dec 6, 2004 5:57 PM
His lie reminds me of Pete Rose and his "I didn't bet on baseball" speeches

I'll bet that Barry Bonds dosen't get the same punishment that Pete Rose got, even though what he did is far worse, imo, than what Rose did.

There are many more issues here also...BLACK/WHITE. They should ban him Sosa, McGuire,Giambi and the rest. 10of the last 17 MVP's in baseball have admitted guilt or are involved with BALCO. Asterisk their accomplishments at the very least. Who saw Victor Conte's 20/20 special? Every top athlete in EVERY sport is on the juice! Check out Annika's receeding hairline, battle with pimples... And yes, you can write it down Tiger Woods is on the juice also. All the time in Vegas on off weeks and the boys he hangs with, count on it. It's a shame for them all but, the truth.

how can bonds not know what he's putting in or on his body? the guy has a personal nutritionist for goodness sake, so he knows exactly what goes into his body. he thought "the clear" and "the cream" were undetectable, as did giambi and marion jones, that's why he did it. plus, he doesn't want to be convicted and lose his shot at, not breaking aaron's record, but, as he has said in the past, passing babe ruth. that, in my opinion, is the goal of bonds. to pass the babe so a white guy isn't in second.

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Dec 10, 2004 10:33 PM
And yes, you can write it down Tiger Woods is on the juice also. All the time in Vegas on off weeks and the boys he hangs with, count on it.

Don, I know the golf swing is your arena. (I know just enough to be dangerous.) I have no idea if Tiger is jacked up on roids, but what possible advantage could he gain? He already has an insane swing speed and launch angle. If anything, I would think that golfers would be more apt to go in the other direction and do what all those Senior Tour players did a few years ago and take beta blockers to ward off the yips.

he uses it so he can work out more, cut the tech advantage which helped others catch up to him, and he is into the buffed look. I was told from some good sources he is on it. The difference in his body in the last 5 years is incredible, lifting or not. He does practice and travel alot also. The time cycles just cannot match up. :question:

Yes, I noticed recently how bulked up Tiger is starting to look.... :yikes:

Attachments

• tiger_woods_temp1_copy.jpg
    tiger_woods_temp1_copy.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back