Peyton Manning

TennFan

Looks like Peyton will break Dan Marino's record of 48 TD passes. As of this Sunday, Peyton has 35 TD's. The Colts play Detroit on Thanksgiving. I say Peyton will get 3-4 more TD's against the Lions. That would put him at 38 or 39 with 5 games left in the season to throw 10 or more. I'm betting Peyton gets 52 TD's. :good: :thumbsup: Will Peyton break the yardage passing this year too? The record is just over 5,000. Also Peyton should be a unamious choice for MVP. :thumbsup: GO COLTS!!!!!!

At this pace I am not sure how he would not be MVP.

GO COLTS!!!!!!

I'm a Titans fan, and seeing as the Titans and Colts are in the same division, I can't root for the Colts. I wish Peyton all the luck in the world in beating these records, but the Saturday after next, the Titans play the Colts. Then, I'll have to root against Peyton.

Originally posted by Memphis_Volunteer@Nov 22, 2004 7:11 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!!

I'm a Titans fan, and seeing as the Titans and Colts are in the same division, I can't root for the Colts. I wish Peyton all the luck in the world in beating these records, but the Saturday after next, the Titans play the Colts. Then, I'll have to root against Peyton.

Conflictions like that in football are never fun

memphis vol....I went to adelphia stadium several times to watch the titans play and i can tell you when the titans decline started. when they lost the blockin FB neal. he was awesome and made eddie george look great. I was there at their 1st game in that stadium and the day b4 in the nashville tennesean paper....george said the whole team had a players only meeting and vowed not to lose a home game that year to repay the people of Tennessee for that beautiful stadium...not only did they live up to the vow but they damn near won the whole enchilada.

Peyton threw 6 against Detroit. That makes it 41 on the year. I'm being to wonder if anyone can stop him.

the justification to have not awarded peyton the heisman keeps gettin weaker and weaker and....

Originally posted by dan4vols@Nov 29, 2004 12:36 PM
the justification to have not awarded peyton the heisman keeps gettin weaker and weaker and....

I still can't believe they gave it to Woodson. :angry:

I expect Ray Lewis to be ready for Manning. Him stumbling that game wouldn't shock me.

Gotta agree with that statement on Peyton not getting the Heisman Trophy. Can we have a recount? I think Peyton got snubbed. :bad: :shakehead: Anyway, after this year, he may get a "HUGE" pay raise since he'll win the NFL MVP "hands down" and have the most ever TD's passing and maybe even the yardage passing. :good: His quick release is what's killing other teams. :thumbsup: In one word, he's "AWESOME!" :thumbsup: Move over Dan Marino, there's a new leader in QB's on the rise and his name is PEYTON MANNING. Your record is "HISTORY!" Peyton may have 56+ TD's this year. Five games to go and he already has 41. Averaging 4 TD's per game, that would give him 61! The biggest tests will be Baltimore (18 Dec), San Diego (26 Dec) and Denver (2 Jan). The record will fall against Houston before halftime-2 weeks from now. :thumbsup:

Peyton and the "heistman" the greatest travesty in recent times. Invalidated the award forever and he proves it every day, everyweek, every year. Why didn"t Woodson get drafted first if he was the best player? Just another case of the biased in the voting, against the South and against TENNESSEE!

the heisman is a joke nowadays. look at the past 10 winners and show me a quality ball player. its the kiss of death like the sports illustrated cover pic.

Peyton Manning (1997) Rd. 1, Pick 1... 287-of-477 for 3819 yards and 36 TDs, 11 int

Jason White (2003) ... 278-of-451 for 3846 yards and 40 TDs, 10 int
Carson Palmer (2002) Rd. 1, Pick 1... 309-of-489 for 3942 yards and 33 TDs, 10 int
Chris Weinke (2000) Rd. 4, Pick 11... 266-of-431 for 4167 yards and 33 TDs, 11 int
Danny Wuerffel (1996) Rd. 4, Pick 3... 207-for-360 for 3625 yards and 39 TDs, 13 int

TennFan- that is way cool the way your tn helment turns into a Colt helment. That os good work. Don't know how you do it but, it is good work!

Originally posted by milohimself@Nov 30, 2004 6:42 PM
And Chris Weinke was a fourth round and did that well?! :blink:

It's because Weinke was like 28 when he graduated. lol

Bummer. Well... He went to Florida State. I think some of the humidity creeped into his brain and slowed down his process... Like six years...

Peyton Manning (1997) Rd. 1, Pick 1... 287-of-477 for 3819 yards and 36 TDs, 11 int

Jason White (2003) ... 278-of-451 for 3846 yards and 40 TDs, 10 int
Carson Palmer (2002) Rd. 1, Pick 1... 309-of-489 for 3942 yards and 33 TDs, 10 int
Chris Weinke (2000) Rd. 4, Pick 11... 266-of-431 for 4167 yards and 33 TDs, 11 int
Danny Wuerffel (1996) Rd. 4, Pick 3... 207-for-360 for 3625 yards and 39 TDs, 13 int

And to let you know how each quarterback did during the regular season....

1996 - Danny Wuerffel led the Gators to an 11-1 record, including an SEC Championship game win, and into the Bowl Alliance (BA) Championship Game against Florida State.

1997 - Peyton Manning led the Vols to an 11-1 record, including an SEC Championship Game win over Auburn, and into the BA Championship Game against Nebraska.

2000 - Chris Weinke led Florida State to an 11-1 record and a spot in the BCS Championship Game.

2002 - Carson Palmer led USC to an 10-2 record, but not any championship games.

2003 - Jason White led Oklahoma to an 11-1 record, which included an upset loss in the BigXII Championship Game. However, Oklahoma still played in the BCS Championship Game after the loss.

Originally posted by TennFan@Nov 29, 2004 3:55 PM
Anyway, after this year, he may get a "HUGE" pay raise since he'll win the NFL MVP "hands down" and have the most ever TD's passing and maybe even the yardage passing. :good:

He's the franchise player in Indy. I think he's set to make 98 million over 7 years.

Allvol?

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Nov 30, 2004 8:26 PM
TennFan- that is way cool the way your tn helment turns into a Colt helment. That os good work. Don't know how you do it but, it is good work!

I requested someone find it for me, so I could load it. I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

The Colts named Manning their exclusive franchise player in February to ensure that he would stay off the free-agent market, then completed a seven-year, $98-million extension with him and agent Tom Condon on March 2, the day before the market opened. The deal included a $34.5-million signing bonus -- $14.5 million more than the previous NFL record, the $20 million that the Philadelphia Eagles gave quarterback Donovan McNabb in 2002.

Interesting reading....

* The guy was the anti-manning vote. That is as basic as it gets and many have admitted as much since. * Being an Alabama fan I can honestly assess this guy. UA has never had a heisman trophy winner. That is a good thing since the award does not translate into National Championships. I'd rather have UAs 10 legitimate titles than Michigans 4 anytime. As for Woodson: The guy was not a certainty for best defensive or offensive player that year. Best player overall? Hardly. Woodson is acclaimed for his INTs but he was tied for SECOND in INTs that year with SIX other people. The glaring flaw in his being the best cornerback lay in the numbers. Of 8 players in 1997 to have 7 or more INTs Woodson is DEAD LAST in return yards with 7. The next lowest for return yards is 32. Also, his longest return is a paltry FOUR yards. The next lowest in that category is 13 yards. So not only did he share 7+ INTS with 7 other people but all 7 made more of the INTs they caught. How many TDs did he score on those 7 INTs? ZERO! The leader in INTs that year was Brian Lee of Wyoming who had 8 and returned them for 108 yards and 1 TD. His longest return of 56 yards also scored the TD. The only other INT leader to score a TD was Cedric Donaldson who had 2 and 192 total return yards. His longest was 68 yards. So the idea he was this great cornerback in 1997 is unfounded. He had only one QB sack and 5 tackles for a loss. His total tackles that year were only 47. None of these are the best marks or even top ten. As a punt returner in 1997 Woodson averaged 8.2 yards. This is not even in the top 50. His 301 yards for the season on punt returns is still not in the top 30. He only had 1 punt return for a touchdown. At least 50 people tied or exceeded him in that. In 1997 Woodson had only TWELVE receptions. Let me repeat that... HE ONLY HAD 12 RECEPTIONS in 12 games for 1997. Need I even point out how many receivers exceeded that number? His average per reception was good at 10.8 but he only scored 2 TDs and his longest reception was a miserable 37 yards. Certainly not even close to a good receiver, let alone a great one. His rushing stats are even worse... 5 carries in 12 games for a net gain of 21 yards with 1 TD. Interesting to note that he had 41 postive rushing yards but TWENTY(20) yards in the negative. So only a real idiot would assert his rushes were anything more than a diversion by the coach. They were certainly not an indication of any great skill. Now I would like to add a few final thoughts to dispel this idea he deserved the 1997 Heisman... The idea that he played several positions is completely bogus as to his deserving the trophy. Many players before him did that and DID IT BETTER. Many times at the cost of a heisman since critics said they did not excel at anything and therefore they could not grant the award to a player who was only average at many positions. Woodson won the award as more of a backlash against the Manning machine. It was widely reported for years prior that the voters wanted to give the award to a defensive player but never found the right one. It was also widely reported that anti-Manning sentiment was strong due to his inability to beat Florida combined with the hype machine that turned many off. I don't necessarily believe Manning deserved the award either but the idea Woodson did is without merit. In all purpose yards he was not even in the top 150 for 1997. As a punt returner he was below average and as a receiver and running back he was either mediocre or nothing more than a gimick. The fact he made spectacular catches now and then or made great INTs now and then is silly. Lots of people have done the same and not won the award. The fact he won a national championship is COMPLETELY irrelevant since the award is granted before that game is even played. I enjoy college football a great deal and have seen many great players. Woodson was not one of them in 1997 and he was certainly not one of them for his career.

VN Store

Back