2007 Chicago Cubs Thread

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
It's time for another disappointing season. At least we have made an attempt to improve our team in the offseason.

Love the Cubs, have you ever seen Will Ferrell do Harey Carey on SNL? It's hilarious.

We made an attempt, but some of the dollars Hendry spent were reallllllllllly bad moves, IMO.

There's no such thing as "too much money" in the MLB. For the Cubs, Red Sox and Yankees, money means nothing. Soriano was a good pickup.

Well, we picked up DeRosa, Soriano, Ward, Floyd, Lilly, Marquis, and the pitcher from the White Sox. Right now, this looks like our lineup(my guess):

CF-Soriano
2B-DeRosa
1B-Lee
3B-Ramirez
C-Barrett
RF-Jones
LF-Murton/Floyd
SS-Izturis

Our starting rotation:
Zambrano
Lilly
Prior
Marquis
Hill/Marshall/Miller/Guzman

I'd say we overspent on Soriano and gave Aram too much as well. Lilly got too much too. But this is a big market and either we overspend or we don't sign anyone.

Soriano and DeRosa are interchangeable as are Jones and Murton. I'd say the rest are pretty cement. Lilly and Prior can switch when Prior is healthy and Marquis could be the 5 man.

d3039-cincinnati-reds-mlb-centerfield-beach-towel-biederlack.jpg

You don't think that Aram extension was a bit much?

It was, but that one was necessary.

My whole thinking is that the pitching staff, in a miracle year, could end up being healthy for 32 starts all around. IF it happens, the staff is so good, as long as you have better than average hitting, you make the playoffs.

ARam is a very good hitter.

Marquis has went through arguably the two best pitching coaches in the NL (at the time) and has yet to be straightened out... Good luck with him.

the Cardinals proved how weak the NL Central was last year. yet they got to the playoffs. and when you get to the playoffs, anything can happen. the regular season means nothing.

the regular season means nothing.

That's a big negative. Ask the Chicago Cubs what they think about that statement. A better way to say it would be, "The regular season means nothing once you make it into the playoffs." That would be accurate.

Oh... and NL Central... weak? They produced the World Champions. Doesn't sound that weak to me.

Oh... and NL Central... weak? They produced the World Champions. Doesn't sound that weak to me.
NL Central is sucky + 1 good team. Of course, the Cards and the Mets will probably continue to be the only NL teams to get 'speck. Although the NL West will probably get crazy. Next season, baseball in the state of California is going to be out of hand.

NL Central is sucky + 1 good team. Of course, the Cards and the Mets will probably continue to be the only NL teams to get 'speck. Although the NL West will probably get crazy. Next season, baseball in the state of California is going to be out of hand.

All I'm saying is the World Champs came out of the NL Central.

That's a big negative. Ask the Chicago Cubs what they think about that statement. A better way to say it would be, "The regular season means nothing once you make it into the playoffs." That would be accurate.

that's what i said. in a more roundabout way.

Well, 2-2 through 4. Aram is hot right now. Good to see Lilly and Hill have good starts. Soriano needs to find his stroke and Z needs to get it going.

VN Store

Back