NASCAR?

TennFan

Has anyone been keeping track of the Nextel Cup races this year? We went to Dover this year for one of the races. It was fantastic! :good: I'd been to the races three times before when I was in the military back in the 70's. Of course the track wasn't as big then-didn't seat more than 30,000 then. Hope to go to 2-3 races next year if possible. I'm a Jeff Gordon fan, my daughter is a Dale Jr fan and my wife likes Ryan Newman.

Hey Tenn! NASCAR Fan in Charlotte (good place for me, huh?) I would like to get the discussions on this topic more but there are not a lot of us here. Jr and Jeff G, huh? Man thats too bad!!

I have been a Tony fan since he was racing open wheel. This year I have also been cheering on Casey Squared (Mears - he lives in the same complex as me and Kahne-had to pick a new one since Awesome Bill retired).

So what's up for discussion?

Well if you weren't a fan and watched the race at Phoniex you are now. What a race..

Go Little E

If anyone here is interested in getting into NASCAR predictions for 2005, I know a place where we'll have lot of fun. I've been into it for 2 years now. If you're interested let me know. E-mail me at TimRHarr@aol.com. Thanks. You don't have to compete all 36 weeks unless you want to.
How many people on the board are interested in discussing NASCAR?

i would be interested, and by the way LET'S GO DALE JR!!!! B) :rocks:

Where's Volchic? I think she was talking some NASCAR in the pub with ncvol.

Originally posted by volzfan08@Nov 9, 2004 9:11 PM
i would be interested, and by the way LET'S GO DALE JR!!!! B) :rocks:

Discussions, Pick'ems, or both?
By the way, this is the closest that the top 4 drivers have been for the Cup? 50 points or less between the top 4 drivers. Awesome! :good: I think that if Jeff, Dale Jr or Jimmie wins at Darlington this weekend they would possibly win the Nextel Cup, :good: providing that Kurt finishes 20th or worse. :dunno:
GO JEFF! :good:

I don't know much about NASCAR but some type of pickem might be fun. It might give me a reason to watch and learn more. I'll bet if it's not too complicated we could get more people to participate. How long is the racing season??

NASCAR season is 36 weeks. There will be a pick'em challenge on another board, if you're interested. Check out volhouse starting in February 2005. NASCAR season starts 20 February at Daytona. But the picks can be made earlier that week. Come by and visit and have some fun. Would love to have you. We have at least 10 that are consistent on the weekly pools and have at least 15 or so that compete ocassionally. The winner at the end of the season will be the "Champ" and may even collect a small fee. :good:

I like the Petty teams.

Ok, now that you're all finished laughing, I've been a nascar fan since I was a kid, but the way they've ruined the sport has gotten to me. I no longer go to Bristol, and I usually only watch to see where my fantasy teams finish. My wife and I have a couple of pretty successful fantasy teams in the league we compete in.

VN Store

Back