Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XI

wU-Tang Vol

NCAA proposing a rule that you have to wait at least ten seconds before you can snap the ball. Rule would not apply under 2 minutes. Would really hurt fast paced offenses, including ourselves. Just an idiotic rule imo. There is no reason for it. Probably just from whining from old school coaches who have no idea how to defend it

Reactions: 6 people
NCAA proposing a rule that you have to wait at least ten seconds before you can snap the ball. Rule would not apply under 2 minutes. Would really hurt fast paced offenses, including ourselves. Just an idiotic rule imo. There is no reason for it. Probably just from whining from old school coaches who have no idea how to defend it

Rule Changes Proposed

I am more concerned that it looks like they want to allow defensive substitutions no matter what (except two minutes before end of each half.)The article states most fast-paced offenses rarely snap before 30 secs anyways, but would be interesting to know actual stats on this.

That rule change is overregulation and complete BS. Coaches have the parameters (I.e., the play clock) and should use them as they see fit. Innovative coaches are good for the game and the last thing that should be done is to constrain them.

The only safety concern here is for players who are not fit enough to play in the first place, usually DTs. To me, that is the bigger problem
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Football is going to turn into pillow fighting before it is all over.

Reactions: 5 people
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard

Reactions: 1 person
Finally thread XI from a mod!

GBO!

Also that rule change to try to force coaches to change their offensive philosophy is just moronic

Does anyone know a good restaurant in Chattanooga that serves cicada and streams soccer reruns? As an hors d'oeuvre, you know what I am saying.

New thread! This should get us up till around July.

lakersbro.gif

Hubbs said they might cancel junior day this weekend due to the weather.

That means it will probably be 60 degrees and partly cloudy by then!

:shades: You know what they say, if you don't like the weather in East TN, wait about 10 mins

Temperatures for weekend in Knoxville predicted to be: 45 on Friday, 40 on Saturday and 48 on Sunday. Supposed to get up to 42 today and start to melt the snow. Will have to wait and see about that!

VN Store

Back