The "U"s troubles

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
How has Larry Coker’s status at Miami and the recent brawl affected the ‘Canes on the recruiting trail? Check out JC Shurburtt's Southeast Mailbag.

HV, what's in this?

I know there were a ton of recruits at the Miami-FIU game in the Orange Bowl that resulted in that ugly brawl. Do you think the brawl, combined with Coker's likely firing and the chaotic state of the program, will sway the blue chips away from "The U" as signing day approaches? Also, do you know if Damien Berry and Chris Perry are still solid commitments to Miami?
— Brendan from Coral Gables, Fla.
-----
I think it all depends on what happens with the coaching situation. Miami is a place you can rebound in a hurry on the recruiting trail, provided you have the right staff in place and have a solid pitch.

I would be surprised if Berry went elsewhere. Perry is definitely looking around at other schools.

What are the Vols' chances with Marvin Austin? Will they be able to get him on campus? Also, when can we expect a decision from Texas back Lennon Creer?
— Orley Fields from Knoxville, Tenn.

-----
Austin will visit Tennessee, and the Vols have as good a chance as anyone in my opinion. I think Creer will visit Georgia and some other places before making a final decision.

Where do you think Allen Bailey, Caleb King and Eric Berry will end up.
— Kishen from Greensboro, Ga.

-----
As of today, Bailey to Georgia, King to Auburn and Berry to Tennessee.

How do you feel about Chattanooga quarterback BJ Coleman? Do you really feel like he will ever be a legitimate contender for the starting job at Tennessee?
— David Eskew from Cleveland, Tenn.
-----
Coleman is a solid quarterback prospect who I think will thrive under David Cutcliffe's tutelage. I see him contending for the starting job eventually, though his success will ultimately depend on the progression of the other quarterbacks on the roster and any potential future signees.

you rock HV and what good news concerning Berry and Austin. Im still not sold on Coleman, although the rest of Volnation thinks he's the second coming of Peyton

The feel people have for King is that he's a whiner and very high maintenance. If you like TO's personality, you'll like King's. Just the feedback I've heard from those at GACS.

Coleman is a stud. He has over 2,000 yards(not against scrub teams either, I think around 2,300 actually), 14 TDs, and 3 INTs on the year. He has good mobility too. He should definitely be a 4* prospect.

VN Store

Back