Can Anyone Believe The Steelers Are 1-3

I can.

1. I was never impressed with them through last year's playoffs... They got more breaks their way than probably any other team in NFL history.

2. Seemed to me Bettis was the heart and soul of that team, and the presence of Randle-El allowed them to open up the playbook a lot more.

3. Big Ben was definitley affected by his bike crash.

Big Ben has been in the ER more than he has been in the endzone. The offense is awful and the defense isn't being able to carry the team like last years Bears did.

Last year's Bears also had the benefit of being in the NFC North. No single part of any team can carry themselves through the AFC playoffs.

i am very suprised. I had concerns going in to the season.
1. the defensive backfeild. this was a weakness last year, and nothing was really done to improve it this year. and based on what i saw against the chargers, if we blitz a lot, our db's can't cover well enough for it to pay off on the quick throws.
2. Running game. I'd love to sit here and tell you that Willie Parker and Naje Davenport are going to be great. they might be serviceable, but to those that think we miss the Bus, i will tell you that the regular offense hasn't even put themselves in enough positions where the Bus's abilities could be utilized regularly. His abscence is most likely felt in the locker room.
3. Big Ben. i don't know what the hell is wrong with him. He has a lost look on his face...physically i haven't seen anything that would lend me to believe that he has any ill affects from any of the off season stuff. I think on the feild he's missing a completely healthy Hines Ward and a receiver that can really burn. He needs to get back to where he was the past couple of years...he showed very good mobility in the pocket and showed he could escape pressure and buy himself some more time...he hasn't done that this year...he holds on to the ball too long, gets sacked or throws a pick.
4. Offensive line. Usually a huge advantage for the Steelers, but not this year. they are getting whipped up front right now. we are creating no running lanes, and Ben is getting a lot of pressure. some of that pressure is the line's fault, and some of it is Ben holding on to the ball too long.

STill plenty of time to right the ship....but this ship needs a lot of work....and they've already had their bye week....If they lose this weekend, they're definitely out of it. I don't see a team from the AFC getting in with more than 6 losess.

VN Store

Back