Recruiting: Nuts and Bolts

kidbourbon

Disgusting!
For this year's class, how many scholarships do we have available? In other words, how many guys can we sign?

We have already signed 13, correct? How many more does that leave us?

With as many recruits as we lost from the class of 2006, I'd say Tennessee has about 30 scholarships to offer this year... maybe more.

we haven't signed any at this point! that san't happen till FEB!

We will sign 25 and maybe place 2-3 more. We may actually sign more than that if we have some early enrollees.

right, we lost about half of last years class, it'll be like we just skipped a year

But we did get some good players out of last years class. I have noticed that whenever I look at old recruiting lists for any school not just Tennessee that I don't recognize or at least remember how much they helped. My point being quality over quantity.

Good news is UT is currently #15 in Rivals fb recruiting rankings for the 2007 class. Bad news is that translates to 7th in the SEC, WAY behind UF and UGA. UGA is supposed to be in a rebuilding year and Meyer will probably not get his offense fully implemented for another year or two. What's it all mean? Maybe it means we better enjoy the heck out of this season because it might not get this good again for a looooooong time.

I'd take the chamber out of my mouth if I were you hillbilly. February is a long ways away and we are in it(and in the lead) for quite a few blue chippers.

I'd take the chamber out of my mouth if I were you hillbilly. February is a long ways away and we are in it(and in the lead) for quite a few blue chippers.
Do you mean the "barrel"? UT was in the lead for a lot of guys last year who are now playing at AU, LSU, etc. Hopefully, the on the field success gets the nationwide recruiting machine chugging again where we can count on a few blue chip prospects from Hawaii, Pacific Coast, and Big 10 country. Also, the Vols need to re-establish recruiting dominance in Virginia and the Carolinas real quick.

We are trying to get back in there in that area. As for last year, well, I don't really see how someone would expect top tier players to commit to a school that just went 5-6. Either way, check our patterns in recruiting. We land 1 awesome class and then 2-3 decent classes. Alot of times, the decent classes pan out better than the awesome one.

well, I don't really see how someone would expect top tier players to commit to a school that just went 5-6.
Okay, I'm sure you saw this one coming. If what you say is true then how did a 3-8 Ole Miss team outrecruit UT last year AND they currently have the #4 rated 2007 class?!!?

Yeah, how is Ole Miss doing that? The recruits must be getting the "special" treatment on official visits.

Maybe Coach Ogre threatens to eat their family if they don't commit to Ole Miss..

Because Ole Miss has the "new, hot" coach. They are supposedly on the rise and he came from USC where he was the chief recruiter and DL coach. The recruits will quit looking at them after this year, possibly next.

Because Ole Miss has the "new, hot" coach. They are supposedly on the rise and he came from USC where he was the chief recruiter and DL coach. The recruits will quit looking at them after this year, possibly next.

Ole Miss will probably have to put together about three really good classes to make a difference in that program. As everyone knows, just like the ball games, recruiting does not pan out on paper.

if they have great have to great top ten classes in a row, it may be enough to win some big games and then guys are attracted to programs that win (I think we all saw the opposite of that last year) I agree with Hillbilly though, UF is walking away from us all and UGA is not far behind. Now that Vandy has beaten UGA that takes the shine off of our win alot.

Yeah, we've been the leader for Walker for a while(month or two). He wanted to commit on his visit but he decided to look around to make sure. He just visited Bama but still has us at the top though he is interested in FSU.

I kind of expected this response (or should I say I was hoping for it). If having the "hot, new" coach gets you top recruiting classes then why not have the hot, new coach in the conference?

VN Store

Back