Battlestar Galactica is back!

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
Any one else watch the show?

Curious to read some opinions of last nights show.

BSPegasus.jpg

The show has always played really hard with both the refusal of humans to admit that their enemies had anything like humanity (are Muslim cylons "sand toasters"), and with the way the cylons will go just as far as 'real' humans to manipulate & brutalize their enemies in the name of God. Even better, the same God, but with both sides devoutly believing that the other's Otherness makes their own hypocrisy less important than the fact that "the bad guys" can't possibly be as godly as them.

This week added something missing that I've wondered about for awhile- actual children.

Is it just a manipulation tool, a product of the cross-breeding program, or both?

And how long will it take before Starbuck cuts it's throat out because, pragmatically, human or not, it's being used to pervert her.

And will her mind survive if that turns out to be the right thing?

I thought the episode was great. A little slow at times and overblown, but I thought it was great.

A lot of people are harping on the episodes being a commentary on Iraq, I disagree, I think it is based on the French and Germans in World War II.

The cross breeding is a little odd, it actually tends to bother me because I have a little one. When Cara's "daughter" "fell" down the stairs that really got to me, but I knew it was staged.

If the topic grows, we might have to discuss Adama and is it "worth" going back to save humanity.

Did they actually show that Casey falling was staged ?

Overall, I thought it was good. I agree with you that it was slow at times.

I feel the same way. Just didn't remember seeing anything that made it concrete. This could be the best season.

Overall like the show. Didn't like the sub-plot suicide bombers. If they stay down this road it is going to kill the show for me.

Starbuck is also playing them as much as they are trying to play her. Can't wait until Friday.

Jammer is the head of New Caprica Police. He is the one that ley kalley go.....or however you spell her name.

What part about the suicide bombers angle did you not like? If I may ask of course.

Sides with Palestine angel. They during the show justified using suicide bombers because it was war and oh well if the cooperating humans and civilians got in the way.

Think Jammer has a concience. Let Chief's wife go at the end of the show. Hard time seeing him as a cylon.

Sides with Palestine angel. They during the show justified using suicide bombers because it was war and oh well if the cooperating humans and civilians got in the way.

Think Jammer has a concience. Let Chief's wife go at the end of the show. Hard time seeing him as a cylon.

That is what I thought about the bombers.

That is exactly why I think Jammer is a Cylon. There is a breakdown of the Cylon way of life. Number 6 and Sharon wanting peace, the others wanting to "hurt" the humans, such as Dean Stockwell, the minister.

There are a lot of angles going on!

I love it!

I just don't want Pegasus to get destroyed in week 4!

They are coming at this like you said at so many different hard angles much harder then the original series. You know they are going to break away New Caprica but hopefully they don't make us wait half the season for that to happen.

Also want to see what is up with Starbuck. Think she is playing the folks trying to play her.

Yeah...I'd have to say that this episode was not for kids....a little more graphic than usual. Not that I mind that but definitely turned up a notch.

And no one's mentioning the fat son.....symbolism?

And no one's mentioning the fat son.....symbolism?

And that would be?

martokrn0.jpg

Col. Tigh, you remind me of General Martok.

Just couldn't help but notice the similarities...
You both were captured and placed in a maximum security facility.
You both had 1 of your eyes plucked out by the guards.
You both love your drink.
And you both have no aversion to bloodshed.

At the end of the occupation, I can imagine the Admiral and yourself, Col. Tigh, looking into the horizon. Much like Sisko and Martok did at the end of the Dominion War.

I imagine you'll have your hands grasping a bottle of wine Colonel, much like Martok did after victory. And you'll smile and drink to the glorious occasion. Though, Admiral Adama, much like Sisko, will shake his head and wonder at the death and destruction.

Oh! And tell Dr.Baltar he reminds me of another doctor I knew...Bashir was that mans name!

255pxbashirsiskomirrorvl4.jpg

But unlike you and Martok, I think the good doctor, and the evil doctor, have little in common.

Wow, good episode!

Hopefully, Pegasus does not get destroyed this Friday.................

I slowed down the frames on the sneak peak and looks like a flight pod smashing into a basestar.............or maybe even colonial one.........

Yeah it looks like Lee is disobeying papa's orders and popping in as well. It makes sense. Use one as a decoy while the other pulls everyone off of the planet. You get maximum firepower.

But what's up with Gaius and his threat of suicide or whatever?

Wow, best episode yet.....thought Peggy would go out and she did, I thought it was a complete waste, but the episode's theme was sacrifice..........

I do have to admit that the part with Ellen Tigh was really rough on me.

What about Galactica jumping into the atmosphere.......

bsg1il6.png

bsg2wp0.png

I agree, best yet. Alot more questions raised. The Kasi situation is really going to take Starbuck to a darker place I think. Also, Apollo has a wife now? !

It was only so long before they knocked Pegasus out. They can't go having Lee hogging some of the glory for himself.

VN Store

Back