Indianapolis Colts= 2007 World Champions

tclowers23

Any other Colts fans here? I lived in Mount Vernon, IN for about 13 years... moved there from Maryville, TN. I used to watch Colts games and root for them, but it wasn't until they drafted my main man Peyton Manning that I became a Colts fanatic. Even back when they were 3-13 with Peyton throwing more INTs than TDs. And with Jim Mora saying, "Playoffs!?!? Who said anything about the playoffs?!? We just want to win a game! Another game!" Haha...

NOT LOOK AT 'EM! No thanks to Mora, of course. This is Peyton's and the Colts year.

Diehard Colts fan here but I have to disagree as of now anyways on this being our year. We'll definatley be a divisional winner (us or Jax) and playoff but no SB this season. We have to be able to stop the run and develope a running game of our own. Without Rhodes or Addai doing anything Wayne, Harrison and Clark are going to be sealed up.

Nah, the running game will be fine. They'll eventually decide to go with Joseph Addai and he will be a great NFL runningback when it's all said and done. Until then, Peyton will lead the team to the "Ws".

Diehard Colts fan here but I have to disagree as of now anyways on this being our year. We'll definatley be a divisional winner (us or Jax) and playoff but no SB this season. We have to be able to stop the run and develope a running game of our own. Without Rhodes or Addai doing anything Wayne, Harrison and Clark are going to be sealed up.

Peyton doesn't have too many years left, so our year better be coming up soon if it isn't this year. It's not like the Colts are rebuilding because they lost a greedy runningback. It may take a few weeks, but the running game will become consistent.

Nah, the running game will be fine. They'll eventually decide to go with Joseph Addai and he will be a great NFL runningback when it's all said and done. Until then, Peyton will lead the team to the "Ws".
Hasn't worked out too well so far... I see this season being roughly a repeat of 2004. Decent year, big season for Peyton but just not happening. You're not coming out of the AFC without a running game. Addai is good, but not AFC champion good.

they better stop the run, and run the ball....otherwise, Jax will win the division....

I don't recall Addai being more impressive than Gerald Riggs when we played LSU. Is Riggs still even a Dolphin? I'm not sold on Addai being worthy of a first round pick. If he or Rhodes can't step it up, Peyton won't be able to use play action effectively, also, he'll be facing crazy pass rushes, because defenses won't worry about the run. Pressure has made the Colts struggle recently (Chargers and Steelers last year). I really like the Colts, but I don't see them beating the best AFC teams without a better running game.

I know, but with the preseason, I tend to be more expecting of NFL teams to hit the field closer to peak form than a college team. A short yardage back will be a necessity (sp?) to win the AFC.

You're right... a short yardage back will be necessary. Although, if you recall, Edgerrin James hardly ever converted on 3rd-and-1. That's something that always bothered me about him... he struggled to get the tough yards. The Colts offense will allow most runningbacks in the NFL to put up good numbers. Rhodes, as a rookie, rushed for over 1,100 yards in James' place. I have faith the rushing game will be fine.

I don't recall Addai being more impressive than Gerald Riggs when we played LSU. Is Riggs still even a Dolphin? I'm not sold on Addai being worthy of a first round pick. If he or Rhodes can't step it up, Peyton won't be able to use play action effectively, also, he'll be facing crazy pass rushes, because defenses won't worry about the run. Pressure has made the Colts struggle recently (Chargers and Steelers last year). I really like the Colts, but I don't see them beating the best AFC teams without a better running game.

Riggs is on the Dolphins practice squad. Do you not remember the first play LSU ran on offense? Joseph Addai: 20-something yard TD run. Addai did all of his NFL scout impressing at the pre-draft workouts.

i think and nfc team wins it this year. chicago or new york most likely.

You mean the New York Giants... as in the team the Colts just beat 26-21 to start the season? If that's the New York team you're talking about, then yeah, I see your point. :bad:

That game for the Giants was about as encouraging a loss as a team could have. I mean, take away the call, the offense was rolling up to that point, they keep going, score, and still stopped Indy like had happened anyways. Drop the horrendous call and the Giants probably win the game.

That game for the Giants was about as encouraging a loss as a team could have. I mean, take away the call, the offense was rolling up to that point, they keep going, score, and still stopped Indy like had happened anyways. Drop the horrendous call and the Giants probably win the game.

Colts: 1-0

Giants: 0-1

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Upon further review, I'd say those records are correct.

See? I could be a better ref than the ones at that game.:p

Riggs is on the Dolphins practice squad. Do you not remember the first play LSU ran on offense? Joseph Addai: 20-something yard TD run. Addai did all of his NFL scout impressing at the pre-draft workouts.

I believe that was some sort of end around that fooled our defense, and he basically had half the field to himself to sprint to the end zone. Our D was probably also a little flustered because they had to take the field sooner than expected, after the first of many Ainge turnovers. Addai did not do much after that play. Breaking one big run isn't that big a deal. Even Jabari Davis did that a couple of times.

I believe that was some sort of end around that fooled our defense, and he basically had half the field to himself to sprint to the end zone. Our D was probably also a little flustered because they had to take the field sooner than expected, after the first of many Ainge turnovers. Addai did not do much after that play. Breaking one big run isn't that big a deal. Even Jabari Davis did that a couple of times.

In fact, it was not an end-around. It was more like a HB slam. Addai bounced off one UT defender and bounced it outside for the TD. It was disgusting. For the game, Addai rushed 16 times for 84 yds (5.3 avg) and the one TD (which was, in fact, 19 yards).

Addai senior stats: 187 carries, 911 yds (4.9 avg), 9 TD (also 20 catches, 180 yds, TD)
Junior stats: 101 carries, 680 yds (6.7 avg), 3 TD
Sophomore stats: 114 carries, 520 yds (4.6 avg), 2 TD

Jabari Davis didn't do that... ever.

I'm not a huge Joseph Addai fan, but I do think he has the potential to be a great NFL runningback. And I can't help myself arguing with you, because it's obvious you don't have a clue when it comes to Addai and his career at LSU.

You guys should love the quote from this article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060915

"If you were trying to market a product why would you ever have Peyton Manning as your spokesman? I mean unless the product was Ipecac. Everytime I see him pushing a cell phone I think, "Great, that phone will fail when I need to make the most important call ever." AM I WRONG?"

In fact, it was not an end-around. It was more like a HB slam. Addai bounced off one UT defender and bounced it outside for the TD. It was disgusting. For the game, Addai rushed 16 times for 84 yds (5.3 avg) and the one TD (which was, in fact, 19 yards).

Addai senior stats: 187 carries, 911 yds (4.9 avg), 9 TD (also 20 catches, 180 yds, TD)
Junior stats: 101 carries, 680 yds (6.7 avg), 3 TD
Sophomore stats: 114 carries, 520 yds (4.6 avg), 2 TD

Jabari Davis didn't do that... ever.

I'm not a huge Joseph Addai fan, but I do think he has the potential to be a great NFL runningback. And I can't help myself arguing with you, because it's obvious you don't have a clue when it comes to Addai and his career at LSU.

Well geez. If you are such an expert, why didn't you present all this data before. Instead, you moronically brought up one play as a validation of the guy's excellence. I wouldn't have compared him to Davis otherwise. If you only look at one play, Jabari could be seen as a superstar. Obviously, that's not the case. The verdict isn't yet in on Addai. The verdict on you, however, is. You think because you took the time to look up Addai's stats on espn.com that you are an expert and that I am clueless. Give me a break. Riggs rushed for 89 yards and 2 TD's in that game, which supports my claim that the disparity between the two might not be that great.

Addai was a good back for LSU, but he wasn't even the best back on the team. Alley Broussard was firmly ahead of him on the depth chart and had he not gotten injured, Addai would have spent his senior season as a backup. Also, how many first round RB selections failed to rush for 1000 yards even once in a single season? I think if you'll look at Cedric Houston, he has pretty comparable stats to Addai (although he did manage to break 1000). No one was scrambling to pick him up. He fell to the 3rd round, which is where I would have expected Addai to end up. I hope he does well for the Colts, but I'm not ready to say he's the answer for Edge's absence. Dominic Rhodes might actually be a better option. He performed decently when Edge was injured.

Well geez. If you are such an expert, why didn't you present all this data before. Instead, you moronically brought up one play as a validation of the guy's excellence. I wouldn't have compared him to Davis otherwise. If you only look at one play, Jabari could be seen as a superstar. Obviously, that's not the case. The verdict isn't yet in on Addai. The verdict on you, however, is. You think because you took the time to look up Addai's stats on espn.com that you are an expert and that I am clueless. Give me a break. Riggs rushed for 89 yards and 2 TD's in that game, which supports my claim that the disparity between the two might not be that great.

Addai was a good back for LSU, but he wasn't even the best back on the team. Alley Broussard was firmly ahead of him on the depth chart and had he not gotten injured, Addai would have spent his senior season as a backup. Also, how many first round RB selections failed to rush for 1000 yards even once in a single season? I think if you'll look at Cedric Houston, he has pretty comparable stats to Addai (although he did manage to break 1000). No one was scrambling to pick him up. He fell to the 3rd round, which is where I would have expected Addai to end up. I hope he does well for the Colts, but I'm not ready to say he's the answer for Edge's absence. Dominic Rhodes might actually be a better option. He performed decently when Edge was injured.

So you get proven wrong, and I'm the moron. Yeah, that's understandable. Fact is, Addai impressed scouts at the pre-draft combines running 40s in 4.40. Cedric Houston didn't impress scouts. He doesn't have the raw physical ability that Addai has. You may want to think about becoming an NFL scout and let them know that Addai isn't that good. And now we're comparing Addai to Gerald Riggs? You were comparing him to Jabari Davis earlier.

Did I claim to be an expert on any of my earlier posts? Oh, and thanks for the verdict on myself. It was very eye-opening for me. Maybe you just need to cool out and learn how to say, "Yeah, you might be right." You don't have to be such a hard-headed tool. Remember, we're both on the same side here. GO VOLS!

So you get proven wrong, and I'm the moron. Yeah, that's understandable. Fact is, Addai impressed scouts at the pre-draft combines running 40s in 4.40. Cedric Houston didn't impress scouts. He doesn't have the raw physical ability that Addai has. You may want to think about becoming an NFL scout and let them know that Addai isn't that good. And now we're comparing Addai to Gerald Riggs? You were comparing him to Jabari Davis earlier.

Did I claim to be an expert on any of my earlier posts? Oh, and thanks for the verdict on myself. It was very eye-opening for me. Maybe you just need to cool out and learn how to say, "Yeah, you might be right." You don't have to be such a hard-headed tool. Remember, we're both on the same side here. GO VOLS!

You somehow managed to miss every point I made. I also don't see how I was ever "proven" wrong. The fact is, Addai has proven nothing up to this point. He hasn't proven he is a good NFL back and he hasn't proven he's an average or awful back, either. He may have been impressive at the combine, but everyone knows that doesn't always translate to NFL success. My point is that I didn't see anything in college that led me to believe that Addai is the kind of back that is worth a first round draft pick. As for me being hard-headed, I never would have acted that way had you not stated that I didn't "have a clue". So, I question Addai's ability, and you question my knowledge and then insult me. And you think that makes me the tool. Your logic is incredibly flawed.

VN Store

Back