Kerry Collins agrees in principle to join Titans

By the way, what's the latest word on the running back position with the Titans? Does it sound like they're going to pick one guy to be the man (which I would assume would be Travis Henry, at least until he fails another drug test), or does it sound like they're planning to use the dreaded running back by committee approach?

I'm thinking it's going to be the latter, but I'm hoping that one man will emerge as the guy.

By the way, what's the latest word on the running back position with the Titans? Does it sound like they're going to pick one guy to be the man (which I would assume would be Travis Henry, at least until he fails another drug test), or does it sound like they're planning to use the dreaded running back by committee approach?

I'm thinking it's going to be the latter, but I'm hoping that one man will emerge as the guy.
I'm sure if they had a good back on their roster, they would give him the majority of the carries. However, they don't.

I'm sure if they had a good back on their roster, they would give him the majority of the carries. However, they don't.

That's what I thought, but I don't have access to the local news there in Tennessee. Thanks for confirming my thoughts that it sounds like the running back by committee approach will be used.

He is junk and will not help this horribly coached team. Get this thread to the sports forums.

Actually, I think Fisher is a fantastic coach. Unfortunately for him, the Titans management managed the salary cap so poorly that the team had to dump all of its players with any shred of talent in order to get back under the cap.

Actually, I think Fisher is a fantastic coach. Unfortunately for him, the Titans management managed the salary cap so poorly that the team had to dump all of its players with any shred of talent in order to get back under the cap.

We've gotta bingo.

Someone said it before... but right now the Titans are just a really good college team.

They have problems everywhere, none of which Kerry Collins will help solve. Whoever hires Jeff Fisher for next season will have a great new coach.

I love Fisher. He is an outstanding coach. But at this moment in time the Titans are being coached badly. They have absolutley no identity on offense. And the D is lost. Age is definetly a factor. But Indy is the second youngest team in the NFL and they seem to be doing just fine. Gonna be about 3 years for the Titans. And is it me or does Vince Young seem to be moving more slowly than expected. Is that coaching or is it him??

Young is doing about what I'd expect a 3rd string QB to be doing. Obviously hasn't been great, but I don't think he's been terrible from what I've seen of him thus far in the pre-season games.

I'm not exactly sold or high on Norm Chow as an offensive coordinator at the pro level either.

Young is doing about what I'd expect a 3rd string QB to be doing. Obviously hasn't been great, but I don't think he's been terrible from what I've seen of him thus far in the pre-season games.

I'm not exactly sold or high on Norm Chow as an offensive coordinator at the pro level either.
Yeah, his offense doesnt seem all that great to me either.

I love Fisher. He is an outstanding coach. But at this moment in time the Titans are being coached badly. They have absolutley no identity on offense. And the D is lost. Age is definetly a factor. But Indy is the second youngest team in the NFL and they seem to be doing just fine. Gonna be about 3 years for the Titans. And is it me or does Vince Young seem to be moving more slowly than expected. Is that coaching or is it him??

The Titans have NOWHERE near the talent level on offense that Indianapolis has or had in any year since Peyton arrived in Indy. Regarding the defense, Indy's defense was one of the worst in the NFL for years. It takes time. Indianapolis' defense is extremely young, but this group of young guys wasn't thrown together over the span of one year. Indy has been patiently building this defense over the past 5 years, and they are just now starting to see good results from their efforts. Even two seasons ago the Indy defense wasn't very good. Three seasons ago they were horrific. It takes time to build a team the right way. I don't think that Fisher will be given the time that it will take to rebuild the Titans.

The problem with Vince Young is that he was never that great to begin with, and he was a terrible draft pick at #3 in the first round. This guy was drafted extremely high due primarily to ONE great game. Maybe someday he'll play ONE great game for the Titans also. However, he'll be the same overrated average quarterback that he was in college in all of the rest of his games. The Titans should have drafted Leinart. All of us in Phoenix truly appreciate the Titan's screwup, though.

The Titans have NOWHERE near the talent level on offense that Indianapolis has or had in any year since Peyton arrived in Indy. Regarding the defense, Indy's defense was one of the worst in the NFL for years. It takes time. Indianapolis' defense is extremely young, but this group of young guys wasn't thrown together over the span of one year. Indy has been patiently building this defense over the past 5 years, and they are just now starting to see good results from their efforts. Even two seasons ago the Indy defense wasn't very good. Three seasons ago they were horrific. It takes time to build a team the right way. I don't think that Fisher will be given the time that it will take to rebuild the Titans.
The Tenneasean quoted Bud Adams today. He said that Fisher isnt going anywhere. That doesnt mean anything i know, but he said it. He also has sent the teams general counsel, Stever Underwood, to live in Nashville full time and oversee the team for him.

The problem with Vince Young is that he was never that great to begin with, and he was a terrible draft pick at #3 in the first round. This guy was drafted extremely high due primarily to ONE great game. Maybe someday he'll play ONE great game for the Titans also. However, he'll be the same overrated average quarterback that he was in college in all of the rest of his games. The Titans should have drafted Leinart. All of us in Phoenix truly appreciate the Titan's screwup, though.
You are juming the gun on him. This same stuff was said of Donovan McNabb and look where he is.

Fisher is a great coach, but I'm not sold that Chow is cut out for the NFL. Schwarts's d has been horrible for the past theee years now.

As for Young, they are doing the same thing with him that they did with McNair, moving him along slowly.

Fisher is a great coach, but I'm not sold that Chow is cut out for the NFL. Schwarts's d has been horrible for the past theee years now.

As for Young, they are doing the same thing with him that they did with McNair, moving him along slowly.
The Titans d has sucked since they lost Greg Williams. Who is quite possibly the best defensive mind in football.

You are juming the gun on him. This same stuff was said of Donovan McNabb and look where he is.

Actually, I think that everyone jumped the gun in trying to label Donovan McNabb as one of the greatest QB's in the NFL. I don't think he ever has been among the top 3 or 4 QB's in the NFL, but he definitely is somewhere right behind that group.

However, I always thought that McNabb had considerable talent. I just don't find him to be an extremely accurate passer. Other than TO's first season with the Eagles, McNabb has also suffered from never playing with a great WR.

I'm not jumping the gun on Vince Young. I'm making a prediction. I believe that he's terribly overrated. I realize that it will be years before that prediction is proved to be accurate or inaccurate, but I have plenty of time. I have also always stated that Michael Vick was terribly overrated, and even the mainstream media is now beginning to pick up on that one. Appearing on the highlight reel on ESPN doesn't mean you're a great quarterback. High levels of production make a great quarterback.

Actually, I think that everyone jumped the gun in trying to label Donovan McNabb as one of the greatest QB's in the NFL. I don't think he ever has been among the top 3 or 4 QB's in the NFL, but he definitely is somewhere right behind that group.

However, I always thought that McNabb had considerable talent. I just don't find him to be an extremely accurate passer. Other than TO's first season with the Eagles, McNabb has also suffered from never playing with a great WR.

I'm not jumping the gun on Vince Young. I'm making a prediction. I believe that he's terribly overrated. I realize that it will be years before that prediction is proved to be accurate or inaccurate, but I have plenty of time. I have also always stated that Michael Vick was terribly overrated, and even the mainstream media is now beginning to pick up on that one. Placing a plays on a highlight reel doesn't mean you're a great quarterback. High levels of production make a great quarterback.
I wanted them to get Cutler in the draft, but VY is such a sexy pick it is hard to go againt him too. If he is a bust you can count the last 4 drafts for the Titans as quite possibly the worst ever. They havent drafted a superstar since Keith Bullock. And sometime or the other, someone is gonna have to suffer the consequences of these drafts.

Is it me or is David Givens wildly overrated??

I wanted them to get Cutler in the draft, but VY is such a sexy pick it is hard to go againt him too. If he is a bust you can count the last 4 drafts for the Titans as quite possibly the worst ever. They havent drafted a superstar since Keith Bullock. And sometime or the other, someone is gonna have to suffer the consequences of these drafts.

I was hoping that the Cardinals would end up with Cutler too, but I knew that they would draft Leinart when he was still available at their pick.

I was hoping that the Cardinals would end up with Cutler too, but I knew that they would draft Leinart when he was still available at their pick.

Leinart or Cutler would have been a much better pick. I don't understand why scrambling quarterbacks ever get drafted above the second or third round, and even then unless they have good accuracy they need to change positions. There is no room for a scrambler in the NFL it just doesn't work.

The Titans d has sucked since they lost Greg Williams. Who is quite possibly the best defensive mind in football.

The Titans defense was pretty stout in 2002 and 2003 in the Post-Williams Era. Their play declined when the talent was unloaded. You're not going to replace Samari Rolle, Jevon Kearse, Kevin Carter, Godfrey, Andre Dyson, and Blaine Bishop over night.

There's another problem for the Titans, they don't have a #1 WR.

Bennett and Givens are solid #2s at best, Calico has did nothing in his 3+ years in the NFL, and Roydell Williams doesn't appear capable of catching a ball. I have been impressed with Bobby Wade at least... another #2 or #3.

VN Store

Back