BJ Coleman looked awesome last night VS Riverdale

volmanal

Go Big Orange
Anyone catch the game between McCallie and Riverdale last night? Coleman hung 273 yards and 3 touchdowns on the #1 team in 5A
including a 47 yard pass with 8 seconds to go to win the game.

8/25/2006 - McCallie Shocks Riverdale On Last Second Coleman-To-Dozier Hail Mary - Sports - Chattanoogan.com

Id say we will redshirt him next year let him hit the weights and bulk up his upper body.

CDC said outta 100 qb's in the nation BJ is the best....including Clausen!!

(Bet he wouldn't of said that if Clausen was considering us)

But o well 2-3 years away can't wait to get this kid on campus!!!!!!

Coleman wont sniff the field till he's a Senior, if he sniffs it at all.

Ainge, Crompton, Stephens

UT should be scouting the McCallie punter. 2 punts with a 48 yd average.

I like Stephens. I dont think he was a wasted pick-up. But, I think if you have really watched the tape and seen Coleman play you would have to think he is a better prospect than Stephens. Coleman is a great athlete, smart, and has a strong arm. He has the size and all the skills. Wait till you see where Rivals has his listed by the end of the season. It will be quite a bit higher.

It is amazing how little people outside of Chattanooga know about Coleman. A newspaper guy out of Nashville picked Riverdale to win unless McCallie could throw the ball,duh. I agree with TheRick, he'll be ranked higher by the end of the year and we'll probably be recruiting 1 or 2 of his receivers as well.

It is amazing how little people outside of Chattanooga know about Coleman. A newspaper guy out of Nashville picked Riverdale to win unless McCallie could throw the ball,duh. I agree with TheRick, he'll be ranked higher by the end of the year and we'll probably be recruiting 1 or 2 of his receivers as well.

totally agree Orangepappy!!! Once they see him play they will change their mind.

Add more upper body stregnth and we have another young Tom Brady style QB :rock::rock::rock:

At least CDC See's him as a huge prospect, I don't really care about what everyone else thinks.

BTW Almost everyone picked Riverdale to win.

Of course almost everyone picked Riverdale... they've consistently been at the top of 4A for YEARS. Plus, as you pointed out, it took a hail mary to beat them. :lol: Otherwise they would have won.

Good job by the rich kids though. :) Sounds like they've got a really good ballteam. Don't they often play MBA as well?

the SEC secondarys are still gonna be heck of a lot better than the Best 4a team but I wasnt at the game so maybe he looked better than his stats show.

oh and by the way the best 4a team in the state is maryville:)

Yeah...heard that they had a good team...Riverdale is 5a.

I saw alot of dropped passes during the game so his pct is 50%. Add bak 7-10 dropped passes what do you have? lol....I am just excited were less than a week away!!!!!

I mean come on they were down 27-13 with 1:35 left in the game. This kid keeps his composer and leads tem back to a victory. (with help from a few turnovers) Thats my son his what we need UT!

When did Riverdale move down from 5A?

Yeaah, I thought so.
:thumbsup: Good call Tiddy. I had to look it up.

The only power ratings I could find still put Oak Ridge as the top 5A team over Riverdale... and that was BEFORE they lost to McCallie.

totally agree Orangepappy!!! Once they see him play they will change their mind.

Add more upper body stregnth and we have another young Tom Brady style QB :rock::rock::rock:

At least CDC See's him as a huge prospect, I don't really care about what everyone else thinks.

BTW Almost everyone picked Riverdale to win.
I am in Chatt and was at the game. BJ looks good, he has good size and a strong arm, Also not to many dummies go to McCallie so he has a good head. The only problem I could see is baseball. He is projected to be drafted this spring. I think it is a long shot he would pick baseball over football.

SportsTalk had B.J. on live and he said he was all about football. He didn't even play baseball this past summer.

Riverdale was ranked #1 in 5A

McCallie was ranked #5 in Div2

McCallie also has one of the toughest schedules of any team in the state this year.

UT should be scouting the McCallie punter. 2 punts with a 48 yd average.
The punter, Joel Bradford, also kicked 32 and 45 yd FGs and 3 extra points (one from 35 yds after an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty) and he didn't miss any kicks. He also caught 8 passes for 99 yds. Maybe Coleman should bring him along.

VN Store

Back