New baseball commit

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
University School of Jackson's Josh Liles told The Jackson Sun he verbally committed to play baseball at the University of Tennessee.

The rising senior said he was offered a full scholarship by the Vols.

As a junior, Liles hit .441 with 16 doubles and 36 RBIs as USJ advanced to the Class AA championship game before falling to Covington, 9-1.

Liles was named the Tennessee Baseball Coaches Association Class A Player of the Year as a sophomore after hitting .483 with 43 runs and 56 runs scored. Liles was the younger player to ever win the award.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...SPORTS/60619005

Freak -

Heard a lot about Josh Liles. Looking forward to see him wearing orange in '08, maybe MLB leaves him alone.

See where we lost Shane Hill out of the 2007 incoming class (to Milwaukee). Looks like that's the only one for now. Maybe we'll keep the rest - including Michael Dubee (with crossed fingers).

Great to see Kelly and Michael get drafted where they did. Best of luck to them & CKemp. Best to Sean with the Reds - his dad is really a great guy.

Go VOLS!

Clip Cal (74 days away)

Hmmm. The last home game I missed at Neyland Stadium was Johnny Majors' opener against Cal (9/10/77). I don't know why but that just popped into my head. Weird.

(Perry Parris @ Jun 20 said:
Freak -

Heard a lot about Josh Liles. Looking forward to see him wearing orange in '08, maybe MLB leaves him alone.

See where we lost Shane Hill out of the 2007 incoming class (to Milwaukee). Looks like that's the only one for now. Maybe we'll keep the rest - including Michael Dubee (with crossed fingers).

Great to see Kelly and Michael get drafted where they did. Best of luck to them & CKemp. Best to Sean with the Reds - his dad is really a great guy.
Go VOLS!

Clip Cal (74 days away)

Hmmm. The last home game I missed at Neyland Stadium was Johnny Majors' opener against Cal (9/10/77). I don't know why but that just popped into my head. Weird.

Great to hear from you Perry. I wish Sean luck although I have to admit I was surprised to see him go. Hopefully they will all do well at the next level.

1977? That's a lot of consecutive games!

VN Store

Back