Greatest political ad ever

Or, "Your tax reforms have big enoughs holes in them, I could drive my hummber through them."

Black republicans tend to make Democrats nervous.

That is an understatement.

Did you hear about the congressional black caucus going after democrats for the treatment of William Jefferson, democrat, Louisiana?

Good ole Jefferson!!! Louisiana at its best!!!!!!

Like the commercial by the way :bow:

Well if your one for emotionally charged and fluffed campaign commercials with no substance, it's great. It's easy to show scary images and frighten people into voting for you. But where is the subtance? Where is the agenda? Where are the solutions? This whole election is going to be about who can frighten their side into voting for them.....it will NOT be about a substantive agenda and solutions. Essentially America loses.

Well if your one for emotionally charged and fluffed campaign commercials with no substance, it's great. It's easy to show scary images and frighten people into voting for you. But where is the subtance? Where is the agenda? Where are the solutions? This whole election is going to be about who can frighten their side into voting for them.....it will NOT be about a substantive agenda and solutions. Essentially America loses.

Your on the soap box today........

I simply thought it was funny, nothing more and nothing less............... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I love to see how you think I'm pouncing on you, needing to calm down, or getting on a soapbox. I'm just adding to the discussion. You ask for comments and I deliver. Sorry if I've rained on someone's parade. :mf_surrender:

I love to see how you think I'm pouncing on you, needing to calm down, or getting on a soapbox. I'm just adding to the discussion. You ask for comments and I deliver. Sorry if I've rained on someone's parade.

This is the problem with discussing on the internet; you cannot see the other person’s physical posture and tone of their voice.

I never once thought you were pouncing on me, it is called humor or being silly with one another. At least that is how I interact with others. For you it may be different.

*If you and me were discussing face to face the issues we are involved in, I would have smiled largely blinked with my left eye and said, "Man you are on your soapbox today." Again you may converse differently with your friends, what I may be may be offensive and or derogatory.

I know you are adding to the discussion and I thank you for it. (You are one of my favorite posters)

I have no need for personal praise from an internet web board, so that rules out someone's parade.

As for your original point I agree that the add I gave describes how politics have evolved over the past 20 years. (The Republican Revolution as many call it.)

Substance has never been a political strength in this country. Either side resorts to attack rather than making any significant contribution to the society as a whole, rather pandering to particular interest groups.

In the end, I still have supreme confidence in the electorate. The electorate, in general, can see through the phony ads and still vote on what substance is left in this country.

So all of that to say this, I was attempting to make people laugh...and for that I apologize to you for making you feel indifferent about my intent.

(OrangeEmpire @ Jun 17 said:
This is the problem with discussing on the internet; you cannot see the other person’s physical posture and tone of their voice.

Rest assured Lexvol types with a scowl and both fists cocked. :realmad:

I hope nobody takes me too seriously when I post, for arguments sake, I post conspiracy theories about Bin Laden being on dialysis in Pakistan........

If you can't laugh at Al Sharpton who can you laugh at? *In the TV ADD******

live-love-laugh%20copy.jpg

That takes us back to human nature OE. Self centered people are afflicted by cognitive dissonance. They have spent so much time thinking they are right that learning anything new may blow their head up. Anyone that takes themselves too seriously is bound to take others too seriously as well. Your posts are appreciated.

Lexvol, thank you for the encouragement.......... :blush2: :biggrin2: :cross:

I do not want to cause any problems, I just want people to have fun while we are discussing "tough" issues.

I came from a Tennessee web board that was quite the opposite of what we have here. I do not want to go all of that over again........ :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:

The fact that we allow someone as continually wrong as OWB to be a Mod proves we are tolerant. :D

Political definition of the word ''wrong''

An absence of a glowing endorsement of what the previous speaker spoke to..... :p

It was a joke.

OWB is really only wrong about 75% of the time.

(GAVol @ Jun 17 said:
It was a joke.

OWB is really only wrong about 75% of the time.
:D yeah...50% would be like bi-partisanship, and we'll never agree to that

VN Store

Back