Lindbloom leaving Vols baseball

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
UT coach Rod Delmonico confirmed that Lindblom has requested -- and been granted -- a release from his baseball scholarship.

I wonder what the story is behind that?

yea right....1 of the best pitchers....no run support at all for him...give the guy a break...not easy to pitch as a freshman in the SEC

(patrick @ May 30 said:
cause he cant play dead
and how many games did you go watch him pitch this year?

Does anyone know if him and Raymond Henderson were friends? Henderson came to all of the games I went to and was always yelling/cheering for Josh. I know this is a long shot but I wondered if it could be related to Henderson leaving if, in fact, they were good friends. :dunno:

freak -

"I see you, Jazzy"

As you know, there is a lot of attrition in college baseball for a variety of reasons.

It is interesting to note that Deunte Heath took Josh's year long (Sunday) spot and started the Alabama finale. Deunte pitched extremely well (supposedly he has really learned a lot {read: slider} under Mike Bell) in that game and Josh comes in relief and gives up 2 HR in one inning. Maybe frustration is behind Josh's move. A lot of kids expect success early. I saw Lindblom as another Hochevar - their freshman numbers are very similar - that would age well, growing into a quality pitcher. I saw a lot of success in the future for him.

I wish him the best wherever he goes.

This is an old story from last Wednesday from Lindblom's hometown paper. The KNS is just now running it; I'm not complaining about them at all, but I wish VolBaseball would be more important to them.

By the way, what happened to you? Missed seeing you at the games.

PP

(Perry Parris @ May 30 said:
freak -

As you know, there is a lot of attrition in college baseball for a variety of reasons.

It is interesting to note that Deunte Heath took Josh's year long (Sunday) spot and started the Alabama finale. Deunte pitched extremely well (supposedly he has really learned a lot {read: slider} under Mike Bell) in that game and Josh comes in relief and gives up 2 HR in one inning. Maybe frustration is behind Josh's move. A lot of kids expect success early. I saw Lindblom as another Hochevar - their freshman numbers are very similar - that would age well, growing into a quality pitcher. I saw a lot of success in the future for him.

I wish him the best wherever he goes.

This is an old story from last Wednesday from Lindblom's hometown paper. The KNS is just now running it; I'm not complaining about them at all, but I wish VolBaseball would be more important to them.

By the way, what happened to you? Missed seeing you at the games.

PP
Thanks for the reply Perry, I always enjoy hearing/reading your insight. I probably haven't followed college baseball long enough to know how common this type of thing is. I thought that "Jazzy" had some really good potential from what I saw of him. I hate to see him leaving.

"I see you, Jazzy"
That's hilarious. That is exactly what I was referring to. I looked forward to hearing Henderson yell those words when Josh was out there. It made me smile every time. I don't really know why.

Unfortunately my schedule and little league baseball got in the way of me attending as many games as I would have liked. I have to admit that I was all set to support them during the Bama series on Friday and Saturday but ended up being a poor sport after the Thursday loss and decided to watch from home. I should have acted more like a true fan. :biggrin2: Hopefully I can make it to more games next year. I really enjoyed the ones I was able to attend.

Josh is from my area and an inside source that goes to his old high school told me a few days ago that he didnt get along with the coaches and that he was home sick. Now he is headed to Purdue (where he is from)

(ttrogvol @ May 30 said:
Josh is from my area and an inside source that goes to his old high school told me a few days ago that he didnt get along with the coaches and that he was home sick. Now he is headed to Purdue (where he is from)
Nothing wrong with wanting to be closer to home I guess.

VN Store

Back