BaseVols lose again.

How 'bout them BatCats! SEC Champions, from worst to first! :clapping:

After beating Georgia on Friday,

Kentucky is the first team in SEC history to complete a worst-to-first turnaround after going from 7-22 in the league last year to 20-9 this year. It is the first 20-win conference season for UK.

Kentucky broke the school record with its 42nd win of the season. The previous best was 41 in 1991. It is only the third 40-win season in UK history.

Kentucky has tied Alabama (1994-95) for the biggest turnaround in SEC history in terms of games (12.5). The Wildcats 13-win improvement is the second largest behind that same Alabama group (14).

Kentucky has won 17 of their last 19 games overall The Wildcats have won 13 of their last 15 in the SEC, including nine of the last 10.

(NCGatorBait @ May 20 said:
Hats off to UK baseball bro :devilsmoke:

Thanks! Now it's up to UK AD Mitch Barnhart to open up the checkbook and write a big fat one to lock in John Cohen as BB coach for a long, long time.

(Brian McCat @ May 20 said:
Thanks! Now it's up to UK AD Mitch Barnhart to open up the checkbook and write a big fat one to lock in John Cohen as BB coach for a long, long time.

well you dont have an outright championship yet my man... IF Bama beats UT then Bama and UK are tied, and Bama gets the number 1 overall seed....

Tennessee had been rather hot the last few weeks. This was a disappointing finish. Oh well. At least they recovered and played better baseball down the stretch after such a horrendous start.

(ukvols @ May 21 said:
Tennessee had been rather hot the last few weeks. This was a disappointing finish. Oh well. At least they recovered and played better baseball down the stretch after such a horrendous start.
This is true. They obviously played much better down the stretch, and I think they can build off of that for next year. Our guys will be a year older and more experienced for the 2007 season. One good thing coming out of this weekend is our ladies softball team is tearing it up! They play Louisville this afternoon. Let's send the Cards out of Knoxville with a bad taste in their mouths.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!

(MississippiVol @ May 21 said:
This is true. They obviously played much better down the stretch, and I think they can build off of that for next year. Our guys will be a year older and more experienced for the 2007 season. One good thing coming out of this weekend is our ladies softball team is tearing it up! They play Louisville this afternoon. Let's send the Cards out of Knoxville with a bad taste in their mouths.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!

until we recruit better this will be the norm.
middle tn is loaded with bb players.
but they are not recruited by UT? why?
:banghead: :banghead:

We were/are very very young. 6 out of our 8 pos. players were either freshmen or sophmore. We'll be losing Rivera (2ndbaseman) Kemp (1stbase). Those two are probably our biggest losses. Players we'll have back our catcher (arencibia), ss (delmanico), 3b (brown), lf (fraizer), cf (borbon) rf (edmunson/van krik) SP (Atkins and Lumberg) and our closer (Waston) will be back next year if they don't go pro. We should be much better next year

Don't give up hope yet for an NCAA berth. The SEC received 9 bids last season, including Miss State (42-22, 13-16), Arkansas (39-22, 13-17), and Auburn (34-26, 13-17). Auburn finished 6th in the West and did not make the SEC Tournament.

(allvol @ May 22 said:
Don't give up hope yet for an NCAA berth. The SEC received 9 bids last season, including Miss State (42-22, 13-16), Arkansas (39-22, 13-17), and Auburn (34-26, 13-17). Auburn finished 6th in the West and did not make the SEC Tournament.

Yep...missing the tourny isn't an automatic disqualifier for the NCAAs.

When do those go out, Sunday?

I don't have much faith that the 10th place team in the SEC will earn a bid. I hope I am wrong.

(orange+white=heaven @ May 23 said:
Wow, a double post from the lord high commander!! :shades:

He cleaned it up before I could finish my post...

Le Freak is losing his touch? :blink:

(orange+white=heaven @ May 23 said:
Wow, a double post from the lord high commander!! :shades:

He cleaned it up before I could finish my post...
I'm quick like a cat. :biggrin2:

VN Store

Back