Indy 500 Qualifying Today

volinbham

VN GURU
Qualifying for the "Greatest Spectacle in Motor Racing" is set for today.

Practice today suggests the poll may be in the 229mph range!

Michael Andretti and Al Unser Jr. have come out of retirement to give it another go.

Can't wait! Hopefully this will be the year. From what I've heard it looks like the Penske cars are the ones to beat. Of course if Danica can't win it, I would just as soon see Helio win it as anybody.

I like Hornish too. I also like Dario. TK is pretty cool too. I don't really like Dan Wheldon though. You gotta respect him though. He's one helluva driver.

I don't really have any favorites in IRL. I like the good races, especially on the non-circular tracks. The Streets of St. Petersburg, Watkins Glen International and the Infineon Raceway are all spectacular races.

It's hard to say Helio Castroneves doesn't look like a heavy favorite going into this race, with the pole at Motegi, wins at Motegi and St. Petersburg and a 2nd place at Homestead.

The Penske cars are looking pretty stout thus far in the practices when they have been able to get on the track. I used to not care much for Helio, but if he wins that of course means Danica didn't, so it's all good.

(MyBloodRunnethOrange @ May 14 said:
I also like Dario.

Dario is my nemesis! Ashley should be mine.

Plus he's a poser - italian name but he's from Scotland!

(milohimself @ May 14 said:
I don't really have any favorites in IRL. I like the good races, especially on the non-circular tracks. The Streets of St. Petersburg, Watkins Glen International and the Infineon Raceway are all spectacular races.

It's hard to say Helio Castroneves doesn't look like a heavy favorite going into this race, with the pole at Motegi, wins at Motegi and St. Petersburg and a 2nd place at Homestead.

Helio knows his way around the track. I was there for his second. Paul Tracy was reeling him in and passed him but the yellow came out simultaneously. If it had stayed green even one more lap and Tracy would have won it.

(Rocky Top @ May 14 said:
Outside of Danica I could honestly careless
After Danica drew me in last year I realized that it's actually pretty good racing. Those guys have some damn good finishes.

(volinbham @ May 14 said:
I guess its never been good then :blush2:
She'll get there :cross: . Everybody makes a big deal out of the fact that she hasn't won, but she's only run in 19 career races. On average it takes about twice that long to get the first win. I think she'll get it by the end of the season :cross: , and if she doesn't then she doesn't.

Helio knows his way around the track. I was there for his second. Paul Tracy was reeling him in and passed him but the yellow came out simultaneously. If it had stayed green even one more lap and Tracy would have won it.

PT won that race...

I'd been watching the IRL for a couple years, MBRO... then Danica came along. Needless to say the change to the DRL pushed me away from it. I'll still watch the Indy 500 though, I watched that even before I started paying attention to the IRL as a whole.

After Danica drew me in last year I realized that it's actually pretty good racing. Those guys have some damn good finishes.

The closest finishes in motorsports are in the IRL. I went to the Texas race last year - unbelievable. The top 4 (Kanaan, Castoneves, Wheldon and Scheckter) were inches apart lap after lap at 225mph.

She'll get there :cross: . Everybody makes a big deal out of the fact that she hasn't won, but she's only run in 19 career races. On average it takes about twice that long to get the first win. I think she'll get it by the end of the season :cross: , and if she doesn't then she doesn't.

She's legit. Rahal/Letterman has her in good equipment but she's definitely qualified to be there.

People always think I'm a woman hater whenever I start spoutin' off about how much I dislike all of the attention she gets.

I just find it laughable that she wants to be taken seriously as a racer, while she's doing half-naked photo shoots over the tops of cars. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but, c'mon now, don't do that and then expect to be taken seriously.

Just doesn't deserve the non-stop attention she receives, yet.

I won't have to let you know, it will be a full-on media frenzy!
True. ESPN may actually have to break from burying its nose in George Steinbrenner's butt to mention Danica actually won a race.

(tidwell @ May 14 said:
People always think I'm a woman hater whenever I start spoutin' off about how much I dislike all of the attention she gets.

I just find it laughable that she wants to be taken seriously as a racer, while she's doing half-naked photo shoots over the tops of cars. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but, c'mon now, don't do that and then expect to be taken seriously.

Just doesn't deserve the non-stop attention she receives, yet.

Joe Namath was wearing pantyhose for Christsakes!
:lol:

Visual proof for my earlier post about the Texas race.

[attachmentid=5228]

Attachments

• build_photo.jpg
    build_photo.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 5

VN Store

Back