My NASCAR loyalty up for persuasion

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
As many of you may know, I am not a big NASCAR fan. However, many have told me that I need to pick a driver to follow and that will make it more fun. Does anyone want to convince me who should be my guy?

First off, I don't see it being Gordon or E. I honestly don't think I want to be on either side of that camp.

This driver should be fairly young. I don't want to start following someone that could retire in a few years. The driver should be a top 15 guy. Nobody wants to pull for someone that always loses.

Suggestions? If so, be sure to give your reasoning and post a pic of the guy and the car if you have one.

:biggrin2:

You should go with Tony Stewart, he's good, he's aggressive and he drives an orange and white car. Plus he fits all of your other criteria..

car.jpg

headshot.jpg

Orange and White, enough said.

(vol_freak @ Apr 2 said:
Suggestions? If so, be sure to give your reasoning and post a pic of the guy and the car if you have one.

:biggrin2:

Are you looking to follow this guy's career or date him Freak?

(Orangewhiteblood @ Apr 2 said:
Well, looks like I win.
I've really had some overwhelming response so far, huh?

Tony Stewart is as good as any of the others, and OWB is right at least the paint scheme is highly acceptable.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Apr 2 said:
Well, looks like I win.

I second that!!!!!!!! I got the big orange "T" and the orange #20 on the back of my truck. They look good together!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

(volinasheville @ Apr 2 said:
Are you looking to follow this guy's career or date him Freak?
I knew I would get that from someone. I just figured I need to know what they look like if I am going to be a fan. I have to be able to recognize him you know. :p

Plus he's got a short fuse so there's a good chance to catch him fighting on the infield after the race.

(la.lovesorange @ Apr 2 said:
I second that!!!!!!!! I got the big orange "T" and the orange #20 on the back of my truck. They look good together!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:
3-0 for Stewart. He might just run away with this thing. :biggrin2:

well well well. about damn time.

ok first is this. u a ford, chevy, or dodge guy? and next year we go to toyota also.

ok, after u figure that out u gotta decide or u like a team situation driver or a guy that has one maybe two guys as teammates.

u said u wanted a young guy so u could go with carl edwards. he drives a ford.

or u could go with denny hamlin who is a rookie but will be a great driver one day. he drives a chevy.

i am not big on dodge, but i like kasey kahne. great driver with no real off track problems.

i think kahne would be a great choice for you freak. he will be a pillar in nascar for another 15-20 yrs.

but remember one thing. u have to be loyal in nascar. no pulling a johnny damon and changing drivers.

good luck.

here is a list of the top guys right now.

1 MATT KENSETH

2 KASEY KAHNE

3 JIMMIE JOHNSON

4 MARK MARTIN

5 KYLE BUSCH

6 DALE EARNHARDT, JR

7 JEFF GORDON

8 CASEY MEARS

9 TONY STEWART

10 DALE JARRETT

11 ELLIOTT SADLER

12 RYAN NEWMAN

13 KEVIN HARVICK

14 CLINT BOWYER

15 GREG BIFFLE

16 KURT BUSCH

17 DENNY HAMLIN

18 JEFF BURTON

19 BRIAN VICKERS

20 ROBBY GORDON

21 MARTIN TRUEX, JR

22 CARL EDWARDS

23 J J YELEY

24 JAMIE MCMURRAY

Don't be a sheep (as JMX would say). An old champ hopefully on the rise. The little guy now, but for how long.

Watch as he patiently sits in the field, then makes his move. The calm before the storm and it hits. Bobby Labonte.

Or you can cheer for the cheater jimmie johnson and be comperable to a bammer.

(USAF_Vol @ Apr 2 said:
Don't be a sheep (as JMX would say). An old champ hopefully on the rise. The little guy now, but for how long.

Watch as he patiently sits in the field, then makes his move. The calm before the storm and it hits. Bobby Labonte.

Or you can cheer for the cheater jimmie johnson and be comperable to a bammer.
ha. ha ha.

KASEY KAHNE. he is ur pick freak.

dont go with stewart who is the defending champ.. that is an easy pick.

at least take a chance on a young very talented driver.

(checkerboard_charly @ Apr 2 said:
ha. ha ha.
KASEY KAHNE. he is ur pick freak.
dont go with stewart who is the defending champ.. that is an easy pick.
at least take a chance on a young very talented driver.

I agree with CBC . . . Go with Kahne. He's young, got tons of potential and you get to pull for an underdog.

(GAVol @ Apr 2 said:
I agree with CBC . . . Go with Kahne. He's young, got tons of potential and you get to pull for an underdog.
How do you expect me to decide for Kahne when I haven't even seen his car? :p

It's yellow . . . It'll be easy to pick out in the field.

(USAF_Vol @ Apr 2 said:
It'll lower your cholesterol (SP?) :biggrin2:
It has the name Betty Crocker with a big spoon across the hood. Somehow that doesn't seem as cool as BUD or Home Depot.

:lol:

VN Store

Back