Calhoun's on game day?

Winchestervolfan

How hard will it be to grab a bite at Calhoun's on game day? We really like the ribs and eat at Calhoun's when we go to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, but never in Knoxville. Don't the pregame radio show go live from Calhoun's? Or should I plan for going to Ye Olde Steakhouse?

How hard will it be to grab a bite at Calhoun's on game day? We really like the ribs and eat at Calhoun's when we go to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, but never in Knoxville. Don't the pregame radio show go live from Calhoun's? Or should I plan for going to Ye Olde Steakhouse?

I love me some ribs!!!!!!!!!!:clapping::lolabove::):):p:good!:

I've never been to Calhouns....I'll have to try them next time I'm up that way

We usually always tailgate in the Calhoun's parking lot. The crowd really depends on the game. Most games if you get there a few hours before kickoff you can park, but the restaurant is still packed. It is $30 to park, again for most games. If you leave before the game you get your $30 back. The only show I have seen done before the game is the 1180 am crew; they are there I believe from 9-12.

We ate there last night (Calhoun's on the River) and waited over an hour to get seated. The ribs were definitely worth the wait though.

Last edited:
I would just get fast food and go to the away game at Memphis. Get BBQ there. Don't waste the money on Calhouns

I would just get fast food and go to the away game at Memphis. Get BBQ there. Don't waste the money on Calhouns
Just went to the U of M ticket office yesterday and asked what tickets they have and said where do ya want to sit. I got 2 in section 117, row 37.

Just went to the U of M ticket office yesterday and asked what tickets they have and said where do ya want to sit. I got 2 in section 117, row 37.

Nice! I wouldn't bother trying to eat Calhoun's overpriced and overhyped BBQ any more than I would waste my time waiting at Rendezvous.

Nice! I wouldn't bother trying to eat Calhoun's overpriced and overhyped BBQ any more than I would waste my time waiting at Rendezvous.

Rendezvous has become a tourist destination. That doesn't mean, if you have the extra time, that it's not worth the wait.

For the money, Neely's has the best BBQ and ribs in Memphis.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back