Sec media days

vflgolfer

I wonder how many bammers still show up in Hoover. Here is to football season almost arriving🍻🍻🍻🥃

2018 SEC FOOTBALL MEDIA DAYS SCHEDULE

MONDAY, July 16 (All times Eastern)

11:30 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.: Commissioner Greg Sankey and Texas A&M
2 p.m. – 6:50 p.m.: Kentucky and LSU

TUESDAY, July 17

8:30 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.: Steve Shaw, SEC Coordinator of Football Officials
9 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.: Georgia and Ole Miss
1:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.: Arkansas and Florida

WEDNESDAY, July 18

8:30 a.m. – 8:40 a.m.: David Fletcher, Football Bowl Association
8:40 a.m. – 8:55 a.m.: Bill Hancock, Executive Director College Football Playoff
9 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.: Mississippi State and Tennessee
1:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.: Alabama and Missouri

THURSDAY, July 19

8:30 a.m. – 8:40 a.m.: Football Writers Association of America
8:40 a.m. – 8:55 a.m.: National Football Foundation
9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Auburn, Vanderbilt and South Carolina

Reactions: 6 people
Do we know who Pruitt is taking with him?

Some easy guesses would be Todd Kelly Jr and Shy Tuttle if he’s bringing seniors. Abernathy, Kirkland and Hall would be other logical choices.

Paul Bain would be incredible.

Even though Tennessee is only a small fraction of SEC media days, I still love it. It just means football season is that much closer :)

Reactions: 1 person
I'm fired up!

I can't wait to hear about eye discipline, Power of 1, resiliency, individuals...and how no team in college football history has ever ___________________.

Seriously, it means football season is just around the corner! Boom!

Reactions: 2 people
I expect UT media days to be underwhelming, similar to Rick Barnes two years ago, and I'm ok with that. I expect simple and straight forward, w/ Pruitt not pulling any punches. Back to the basics for UT...uniforms, power running, good D. May not make too much noise this year, but really do feel we're FINALLY moving in the right direction.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm fired up!

I can't wait to hear about eye discipline, Power of 1, resiliency, individuals...and how no team in college football history has ever ___________________.

Seriously, it means football season is just around the corner! Boom!

:clapping: I cringe every time I hear someone use the word, “resiliency.” (Such a shame since the word itself is innocent of its abuse.)

The fact that this thing was in Hoover for so long is a joke. In 1985 when it was "media day" (singular) and it consisted of a few reporters asking the coaches questions in a hotel conference room, sure. But the media circus it has developed into? It should have moved to ATL at least 10 years ago.

I admit I was mildly taken by surprise to hear David Pollack ask that the Tennessee schedule graphic be put up, when it appeared he then said look at that schedule and find me 3 wins in the first eight games.

I admit I was mildly taken by surprise to hear David Pollack ask that the Tennessee schedule graphic be put up, when it appeared he then said look at that schedule and find me more than 3 wins in the first eight games.

He's actually more optimistic than me. It's hard to find more than 2 wins in the first 8 games. Best chances are likely going to be Florida and at South Carolina.

I admit I was mildly taken by surprise to hear David Pollack ask that the Tennessee schedule graphic be put up, when it appeared he then said look at that schedule and find me 3 wins in the first eight games.

Can anyone show me a tougher 5 game stretch in the country than ours (FL, UGA, Auburn, Bama and USCjr)? This is exactly what our schedule looked like in 2016 except we played Texas A&M instead of Auburn. Whoever is in charge of scheduling clearly is not a UT fan. BS schedule. Mean while UF and UGA have a way more favorable schedule. Shocker.

somebody please put the hook on Jimbo and get him off the stage...geez, that man can out-talk a used car salesman...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
West Virginia is likely to be a much rougher game than Florida.

Defense finished 106th last year. Offense finished 20th last year. They finished with 6 losses against a much weaker schedule than Florida played. They may be a rougher game, but there is nothing concrete to cause more concern than Florida.

VN Store

Back