Diamond out!!

Shambles. Free fall. Wreck. Whatever word(s) you want to use. This program is in it.

When's the season ticket renewal deadline?

Reactions: 6 people
If its Italy I would sure like too -- notice the miserable state I live in below my avi ?

I wish Diamond the best but if what the article says is true and just said " I'm not coming back" and didn't give a reason then goodbye and be blessed ! Maybe she told Holly something else but the way it sounds it was just like peace and ya know what the chemistry issues ( yes along with her points) may just disappear and maybe some of those rumors we heard about her being the center of the issues on past teams will disappear too! Hopefully this team has a good season, we get a great assistant coach, and we can sign at least 2/3 more quality players in the 18' class. I think if chemistry is resolved off the court and shows on the court the ship will be righted as kids will want to come and play with the players that are left. This freshman class could have a huge impact on not only results on the court but with recruiting too because I feel like Annie Hayes and evina westbrook would be great recruiters as long they are happy! Plus Kasi's personality is great! 19'class we have a Hayes (potentially coming) and in the 20' class! Just a positive outlook when we don't know what is really going on behind the scenes. I coach highschoolers and notnrhat I'm comparing but it is always something to maintain a successful team!

Reactions: 8 people
I wish Diamond the best but if what the article says is true and just said " I'm not coming back" and didn't give a reason then goodbye and be blessed ! Maybe she told Holly something else but the way it sounds it was just like peace and ya know what the chemistry issues ( yes along with her points) may just disappear and maybe some of those rumors we heard about her being the center of the issues on past teams will disappear too! Hopefully this team has a good season, we get a great assistant coach, and we can sign at least 2/3 more quality players in the 18' class. I think if chemistry is resolved off the court and shows on the court the ship will be righted as kids will want to come and play with the players that are left. This freshman class could have a huge impact on not only results on the court but with recruiting too because I feel like Annie Hayes and evina westbrook would be great recruiters as long they are happy! Plus Kasi's personality is great! 19'class we have a Hayes (potentially coming) and in the 20' class! Just a positive outlook when we don't know what is really going on behind the scenes. I coach highschoolers and notnrhat I'm comparing but it is always something to maintain a successful team!

She sounds like the Jalen Hurd of LV basketball

Reactions: 8 people

Woww -- the key points of this State of the Program make it out to not be not looking too good. But as others are trying to emphasize -- the season hasn't even started yet.

Reactions: 1 person
[said this in the previous thread on this, I'll say it again here :thumbsup:]

I'll just come out and say it - DD's loss will obviously be bad in the short term but should pay significant dividends moving past the 2017-2018 season.

I believe history will show that DD was not a net positive for the Lady Vols during her tenure here. While extremely talented, she had significant deficiencies that I believe were detrimental to the TEAM as a whole, and to Holly's authority as head coach. Some of these same issues were previously observed at UNC.

No need to pile on - I now think this amazing freshman class has the opportunity to be taught and trained with the proper work ethic and attitude from Day 1. And while this season will have its freshmen challenges, subsequent seasons should show massive improvement as this group puts team first, and competes and trains in a way that would make Pat proud.

I'm actually happy about this news. I think it will work out for the best.

Reactions: 15 people
Based on absolutely NO inside knowledge, but watching the confusion and/or selfish play on the court the past few years, this may be a bitter pill we need to swallow to turn a corner. I'm old enough to remember the nineties when a group of talented freshmen came in and electrified the game. Here's hoping...

Reactions: 12 people
PISSED ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!she never backed up her hype like gordon,charles.holdsclaw.catch.parker did.she has wasted the lady vols fans time.this shows how much winning matters to her.THE HELL WTH YOU DIAMOND!!!i hope you fail in the pros ******mit!!

Reactions: 11 people
PISSED ALL I HAVE TO SAY!!she never backed up her hype like gordon,charles.holdsclaw.catch.parker did.she has wasted the lady vols fans time.this shows how much winning matters to her.THE HELL WTH YOU DIAMOND!!!i hope you fail in the pros ******mit!!
....like you've done some big things in your life!

Reactions: 2 people
Diamond may be gone but all is not lost. Talent wise, I think the road to the final four just got harder but not impossible. We could be between very good to not good enough. A lot will depend upon how fast the coaches can develop the number one class, we stay fairly injury free, the leadership skills of Russell and Nard and their ability to lead by example. The problem is, I have seldom seen Russell or Nard consistently show leadership skills. Actually I seldom saw Diamond display the leadership skills necessary to lead.

Reactions: 1 person
Diamond may be gone but all is not lost. Talent wise, I think the road to the final four just got harder but not impossible. We could be between very good to not good enough. A lot will depend upon how fast the coaches can develop the number one class, we stay fairly injury free, the leadership skills of Russell and Nard and their ability to lead by example. The problem is, I have seldom seen Russell or Nard consistently show leadership skills. Actually I seldom saw Diamond display the leadership skills necessary to lead.

This team will not come close to the final four. The program is a freakin' mess and has been for years.

Reactions: 4 people
This team will not come close to the final four. The program is a freakin' mess and has been for years.

Nothing I have seen in the past two years convinces me that the things I posted will happen, however, miracles have happened before. Hope lives eternal. This team could easily be a dumpster fire.

Wow! Major blow to the program. As if we needed another person to depart from the lady vol program. I know Diamond is the most hated by some lady vol fans, as evidenced by some of the hateful, spiteful, comments made about her, on this board, and a few others. Diamond leaving,as well as Middleton, and Cooper, will hurt this program this year IMO.

I wished Diamond would stay on this year. Hate to see her go. But I am also glad she is leaving so that she won't continue to be the scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the lady vol demise, which has been happening a few years before she actually came aboard.

The optics of these departures, for whatever reasons, don't look good!

Reactions: 3 people

Love your enthusiasm. Hope that the ship can be righted.

I don't think DD's departure will be a huge loss for us....

What we have lost is a mercurial very gifted talent, capable of changing the trajectory of a game by herself.

What I will not miss which will not hurt us is..... high turnovers..... relatively low assists, that detached look on her face she often got that denotes she is not team oriented..... the quick shooting, and not getting her teammates involved to a proper degree.... and of course overall leadership.....

I know many say that the reason she shot so much and so often is that the others on the team were hesitant to do it...... same thing people said with Meighan S..... but of course this is mostly a coaching problem.... if you cannot script out a sensible offensive plan, then the fault ultimately is not with the player.....

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I am glad she has moved on and we are forced to test the mettle of the rest of our roster.....

Reactions: 2 people
Really upset, especially with all the talk Diamond did about Tennessee and this being where she always wanted to be coming in. I know Holly isn't the best coach, and maybe she's upset about T'ea leaving, but I just can't respect her decision to bail on the team like that. SMH. I hope we can get an assistant ASAP to help Coach Reeves recruit because the class of 2018 and 2019 will be very crucial with our thin bench. She definitely lost a fan in me. Never thought I'd say that. So disappointed.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back