Boosters like Butch

SmokeyLives

Every dog has his day!
Source: Support remains strong for Butch Jones

....""We need to stop comparing everything to what Saban is doing. He is a once-in-a-generation college coach, but remember, he wasn’t winning titles either at 48 (years old).

"Greatness isn’t achieved without years of struggle and strife. I think our fanbase [is] stupid if they think we are going to do any better at this point – today. But next year is his time to either show he has the leadership or not."

Last edited:
Reactions: 40 people
Took the boosters to force out a favorable reply to the hit piece from yesterday, can't wait until we get a full time AD.

Reactions: 9 people

....""We need to stop comparing everything to what Saban is doing. He is a once-in-a-generation college coach, but remember, he wasn’t winning titles either at 48 (years old).

"Greatness isn’t achieved without years of struggle and strife. I think our fanbase [is] stupid if they think we are going to do any better at this point – today. But next year is his time to either show he has the leadership or not."

Boom?

Reactions: 1 person

And when Blackburn is hired, I have little doubt he'll give Butch a vote of confidence as well.

Reactions: 3 people

to offer another side to TN and Butch after yesterday's article. I am encouraged and impressed that support remains strong for Butch with boosters.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 7 people
Those damn Boosters!!! Ain't nothing but a bunch of sunshine pumpers!!! Far 'em ALL!!!

:rock:
GBO!!!

Reactions: 7 people
The thread title is like a bat signal for Wylo and Dudley

Quickly Dudley, to the negamobile!

happy-birthday-adam-west-gifs-batman-familyguy-19.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 44 people

Urban Myer?
Dabo Swinney?

How many years of struggle and strife do we need to achieve greatness?

5? Check. Done that.

7? Check. Done that.

10? Check. Done that.

12? Check. Done that.

Reactions: 4 people
Complete fluff piece.

"unnamed" Booster won't even come forward.

Yellow journalism!!

Well, that's what we heard about Haney's article yesterday, but it's got to be true if it's a positive piece.

I think both are true....for the record.

Reactions: 9 people
I have every confidence that the defense will improve next year. Update the offense and start winning more games and butch looks a lot better.

So Haney writes a hatchet piece one day, Simmons brings it back to the middle the next, and probably over the weekend sometime Brice will take it a super positive direction.

Gettin' them clicks from errrbody.

No, surely they wouldn't do that...

Reactions: 5 people

Seriously? If in July or Aug how many of you on here would have been happy with 8-4 with losses to USC & Vandy? Only to have the national media, UTAD, etc. that we need a few more years of struggle & strife.

Reactions: 2 people
Complete fluff piece.

"unnamed" Booster won't even come forward.

Yellow journalism!!

Well, that's what we heard about Haney's article yesterday, but it's got to be true if it's a positive piece.

I think both are true....for the record.

Exactly! How much of this did we hear about yesterday's piece.

Reactions: 4 people
Took the boosters to force out a favorable reply to the hit piece from yesterday, can't wait until we get a full time AD.

this. the lack of overall leadership right now is a pain the butt.

that said, the booster quoted basically shared the same sentiment many of us already feel.

and in reality, while spun a little more positively, reflects similar sentiments in the Hanye piece.

Bama is our biggest rival. I think it should be accepted and even demanded that we keep up with them, and compare ourselves to them.

We should be playing to beat them, and not just happy at 8-4

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back