Tuttle surging back into rotation

kamoshika

Jones said he tensed one recent day on the practice field when coaches needed to see how Tuttle responded to a cut-block drill. “I think really the thing that was exciting the other day, we were doing cut-blocking drills, I kind of cringed a little bit,” Jones said, “but I knew we had to see if he was ready. He’s had a consistent approach, great attitude, great frame of mind.”

Preseason All-SEC guard Jashon Robertson praised Tuttle’s “heavy-handed” work on the practice field.

“Shy is a guy who has grinded his tail off coming back from his injury,” Robertson said. “He is returning to form. His heavy-handedness has never left him. He’s a very heavy-handed guy, knows how to use his hands well and can really push the pocket, so I’m excited to see what Shy’s able to do.”

Vols' Tuttle surging back into rotation

Reactions: 33 people
Good news. I wouldn't play him much against App State just because we should be fine without him, but I would give him some reps. Hopefully he's ready to go for VT

Reactions: 7 people
BIG Shy Comin'!!!!

shy-tuttle-tennessee-out-season.jpg

Reactions: 14 people
This will be welcomed news to all who declared KMac a bust in the depth chart thread

If Kahlil can't perform like a 5 star this year, then it's good news that Shy is on his way back.

Cause he definitely played like a 5 star last year in his limited time.

King Tut is coming. It seems we are staying healthy this camp and also the guys that were already injured or already banged up have gotten healthy as camp went on. It's a rather nice change of pace.

This will be welcomed news to all who declared KMac a bust in the depth chart thread

Wonder how many naysayers just a few weeks ago promoting Shy was obviously a redshirt this year since he would be unable to return during the meaningful part of our schedule will 'fess up? lol

Wonder how many naysayers just a few weeks ago promoting Shy was obviously a redshirt this year since he would be unable to return during the meaningful part of our schedule will 'fess up? lol

Never understood the Shy will redshirt talk. Doug Mathews said 2-3 weeks ago that week 3 vs Ohio was the game the coaches were targeting for his return, but it seems pretty obvious he's gonna make it back sooner than that. Great news.

How many times can they say heavy handed in an interview? Can't say I've heard the term more than 2 times but they managed to say it at least 3 times.

Really excited to see shy progressing so quickly. And let me say that those saying KMac is a bust are laughable. He's got two vets penciled in ahead of him from a coach known to show respect to the older guys. Now if he's not on the field much I'll begin to consider him as a disappointment, but the coaches have hyped him up and I honestly think when all is said and done he will play more and be the most impactful guy in that DT rotation.

Reactions: 5 people
KMack still getting grief? I thought it was common knowledge especially on volnation, that not playing his senior year, injured, and missing part of essential practices for development would hinder him some last year. His stats were not bad either, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: 5 people
KMack still getting grief? I thought it was common knowledge especially on volnation, that not playing his senior year, injured, and missing part of essential practices for development would hinder him some last year. His stats were not bad either, if I'm not mistaken.

He contributed about like he should have last season. He should contribute more this season. You make your biggest jump as a player freshman to sophomore year.

Reactions: 2 people
I would still remain a little cautious about how quickly he can be what he was before injury. Still a long way from that guys. hope he doesn't rush and create another problem

Reactions: 3 people
I would still remain a little cautious about how quickly he can be what he was before injury. Still a long way from that guys. hope he doesn't rush and create another problem

It's hard to come back from a serious injury like that within a year and be 100%. That's why I'm not sold on Chubb coming back and being a world beater.

Welcome back Shy!

To all your teammates: Don't forget who broke Shy's leg with a cheap dirty shot....UGA's Brandon Kublanow. Payback is a beeeech. :bash:

Reactions: 1 person

You're right. He had better stats than Freshman All-SEC Trent Thompson. People need to chill.

VN Store

Back