Interesting VT 2016 Preview

Volsfaninva917

The Virginia Tech Hokies Way Too Early 2016 Season Prediction - Gobbler Country

Sept. 10: at the Racetrack vs. Tennessee (Bristol. Tenn.) - The Battle in Bristol is likely to be a very evenly matched affair, with a decidedly local to southwest Virginia, northeast Tennessee flavor. We haven't seen much of Tennessee lately, and the whole show might look like two drunks slugging it out in the infield over their favorite race team driver. My crystal ball looks hazy but right now, Tennessee has a tiny edge.

Reactions: 1 person
The Virginia Tech Hokies Way Too Early 2016 Season Prediction - Gobbler Country

Sept. 10: at the Racetrack vs. Tennessee (Bristol. Tenn.) - The Battle in Bristol is likely to be a very evenly matched affair, with a decidedly local to southwest Virginia, northeast Tennessee flavor. We haven't seen much of Tennessee lately, and the whole show might look like two drunks slugging it out in the infield over their favorite race team driver. My crystal ball looks hazy but right now, Tennessee has a tiny edge.

Sounds like a Northwestern article late last December.

Reactions: 47 people
VT's roster is not even in the same realm as UT's. This one will get ugly for the hokies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
2 drunks slugging it out...lol

I like this, but unfortunately I think we will beat VT down on a national stage similar to Iowa and Northwestern (two teams that are/were much more talented than the Hokies). My score prediction is 45-13.

edit: I think with time their new staff will get things in order, but asking for them to compete with our Vols in year one is absurd. #ThereWillBeBlood

Reactions: 4 people
Year 1 of a new coach without a proven starter at QB! Not taking into accout we are seasoned team with major experience. I liked his breakdown though, he didn't sunshine pump them to the national championship game. I've seen that a lot around here in the past. :lolabove:

Reactions: 4 people
I read the entire season prediction. Odd this guy believes Tennessee only has a slight edge, but he concedes to Miami, Pitt, and Duke. Seems he missed the Outback Bowl.

Reactions: 8 people
I hope our Vols can handle hype well. That's really my biggest concern about next year. We really have all the right pieces in place. Still can't afford to take a VT lightly.

I liked his breakdown though, he didn't sunshine pump them to the national championship game. I've seen that a lot around here in the past. :lolabove:

Well, if you enjoyed all that sunshine in 2015, I've got great news for you in 2016! :)

Yeah, VolNation loves to predict National Championships before the season begins and coach firings in the middle of it. I'm sure some form of this exists in all schools, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that our brand of crazy is particularly strong. But one thing is for sure; the level of excitement next season will be off the charts!

I won't be surprised if VT keeps it close for 2-3 quarters, but we're just too talented. As of right now I'll say Tennessee 34-20

I hope our Vols can handle hype well. That's really my biggest concern about next year. We really have all the right pieces in place. Still can't afford to take a VT lightly.

I do not believe anyone is going to take VT lightly. If UT plays up to their potential, this game should not even be close.

VT will have a good defense, they always do, but Tennessee should win comfortably. Should not be in doubt going into the fourth quarter. I hate VT (and VT fair-weather fans)

We have them beat in every facet of the game. And we have the X Factor Evan Berry returning kicks so if it is even remotely close he will make the difference. I'm sticking to a 3 score game and we win by 20. Plus they have a new coach and coming of a horrible signing day. It's a mismatch in every way you look at it.

Sounds like a Northwestern article late last December.

Yep. They will not stop our run game, and God have mercy on their souls if the passing game is firing on all cylinders.

VN Store

Back