Keep him or let him go

1985Vols

Tony Basillio posed a good question today on his show. He said the NCAA is going to give UT a reason to fire Tyndall if they want to and he asked should we cut strings and start all over while we can or keep Tyndall for anything less than a show cause. Personally, I really like Tyndall and think he can coach but my question is can he recruit at the level required to win at a high level? With the NCAA issue hanging over his head, we really wont know an answer to this until it's too late. So, would you prefer to find out the answer to this question or start all over and try to hire another coach?

Reactions: 1 person
UT will,IMO,be looking for a new head coach after the 2016-2017 season. I don't think UT will improve much and the fans will turn on CDT.

I'd just like to be able to evaluate his recruiting and overall coaching without this NCAA crap.

The NCAA should be required to follow the law of Knoxville driving: $h!t or get off the pot. Leaving things in limbo like this is an abuse of authority, or whatever their position should be called these days. jmo

Reactions: 10 people
Tony Basillio posed a good question today on his show. He said the NCAA is going to give UT a reason to fire Tyndall if they want to and he asked should we cut strings and start all over while we can or keep Tyndall for anything less than a show cause. Personally, I really like Tyndall and think he can coach but my question is can he recruit at the level required to win at a high level? With the NCAA issue hanging over his head, we really wont know an answer to this until it's too late. So, would you prefer to find out the answer to this question or start all over and try to hire another coach?
Well, guess what, he has a 4* committed for 2016 and is favored to land a 4* Juco this year. Why don't we wait 'til April 15 to find out if he can recruit? After all, NSD was over last year when he had to cobble together a team in less than a month after he was hired on April 22.

Reactions: 13 people
Really dont want another season like this one turned out to be -- look how long it took to clean up the Dooley mess -- if Hart cant get some backbone and tell the NCAA to make a damn decision NOW -- then cut Tyndall loose in 2 weeks

You know it's still just too early for any type of reasonable expectation. Everybody knows what he came into. He's just started and this NCAA question is making some people look inside a magic eight ball and all we can get is...wait and see. I say Hart should stay with DT until UT receives a "just cause". For me that's how bad it would have to be to release DT. If nothing major comes down let him finish his contract and then make a decision. :twocents:

GO VOLS!

You know it's still just too early for any type of reasonable expectation. Everybody knows what he came into. He's just started and this NCAA question is making some people look inside a magic eight ball and all we can get is...wait and see. I say Hart should stay with DT until UT receives a "just cause". For me that's how bad it would have to be to release DT. If nothing major comes down let him finish his contract and then make a decision. :twocents:

GO VOLS!

Imagine if they let Dooley 'finish' his contract

Reactions: 2 people

GO VOLS!

I totally agree. As I stated, I like Tyndall and think he showed he can coach when this team had fresh legs. Hopefully he can recruit but his hands will be tied until the NCAA makes a decision. Not surprised they are taking their sweet time just to stick it to Tyndall/ UT in a two for one screw job.

Lol, you're right but until Spring football practice starts, what else do we have to discuss?

Well, i thought the rules of the forum was every thread had to have the word "cuonzo" or "Bruce " atleast once....wait I did it didn't
I lol

Until we get a quality big man or two. We are not gonna be worth a crap. Also need some good quality shooters. I still think we should recruit European guys.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, guess what, he has a 4* committed for 2016 and is favored to land a 4* Juco this year. Why don't we wait 'til April 15 to find out if he can recruit? After all, NSD was over last year when he had to cobble together a team in less than a month after he was hired on April 22.

If the 4 star JUCO you are referring to is K. Jackson then we have a lot to worry about. He does not start and averages 8 pts and 6 boards a game. We are going to have to recruit better than that to beat KY, FL, GA, AR, LSU, and A&M.

If the 4 star JUCO you are referring to is K. Jackson then we have a lot to worry about. He does not start and averages 8 pts and 6 boards a game. We are going to have to recruit better than that to beat KY, FL, GA, AR, LSU, and A&M.

This 100x. DT has dissapointed as a recruiter. Some of the kids he's offered makes you wonder.......

Tony Basillio, Paul Finebaum, Izzy Gould, Kevin Scarbinsky, Collin Cowherd, Phyllis from Mulga, Big Jim from Town Creek...what do they all have in common...they were all losers and zeros in life before they found out they could use the print or airwaves to find some semblance of relevance...quit feeding these whores...please.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back